Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Commems Collection: A Pause To Say "Thanks!"

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 1,294Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5937 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2012  10:30 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I just wanted to take a moment to say "Thank you!" to everyone who has taken the time to provide comments on the coins that I have been displaying. I am very appreciative of the positive feedback I am receiving and am glad that folks are enjoying the coins, the related ephemera and my attempts at providing a bit of background or story on each.

I have always enjoyed learning about the coins that I collect, but I enjoy sharing what I know with others even more -- CCF is my latest venue for sharing my collection and I am finding it very rewarding. I'm happy I found this forum last November!

Read More: Commems Collection

I feel I must send out a special "Thank You!" to nickelsearcher for his many insightful additions to the stories I've presented. With his truly outstanding commemorative collection and love of the series, I'm sure he could do all that I am doing and more! Maybe someday soon he'll show us how it should be done.

By my count, I'm almost half-way through my 55-piece Type and Major Variety set, so there's plenty more to come!

Again, "Thank You" everyone.
Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7121 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2012  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You are welcome ... and of course our small family of commemorative fans are enjoying each and every coin you present.

Please keep them coming.

David
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Bedrock of the Community
13014 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2012  10:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with nickel that I also very much enjoy youre threads sharing your collection, even if it does lead to envy lol. I must say it is quite an impressive collection. With how many you have shared I must ask, do you have a complete set of all the commem coins?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5937 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2012  10:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@basebal21: Yes, I currently have a complete 50-piece type set of the US classic commemoratives along with examples of the five major varieties, so 55 coins in total. I'm glad you are enjoying my posts.
Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2277 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2012  11:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wquinn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And I really appreciate you and the others for sharing your collections. The stories that go along with it, make it much more interesting and I can see how it really increases my interest in collecting the series. I have a few of the major ones and a few minor ones that I like by design or location, but I just wish I had the money to complete most of the series.
Learn More...
United States
101057 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2012  6:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do not always have much to say, but I do appreciate each and every coin and story you have posted.

If I were to weight them for above-and-beyond quality, you would be a Pillar right now.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5854 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2012  7:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add D0ubl3Eagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No, thank you for sharing your collection and knowledge with us!
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 1,294Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05