Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post your most recent Canadian Coin purchases!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 132
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2332 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2012  10:55 pm  Show Profile   Check kuh_85's eBay Listings Check kuh_85's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add kuh_85 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks legit to me. ICCS MS65 refers to the quality of the strike, level of detail of the coin and no surface damage scratches etc. Colour and tarnishing are pretty much irrelevant. If something is NOT in a TPG holder from asyn then it's usually at least 2 levels overgraded (personal opinion) and sometimes the descriptions are a bit 'stretched' to make a coin seem more special than it really is. I've always received the coin shown in the picture though so just be careful and do your homework. Walk away if the price is getting too high; there'll probably be another listed tomorrow.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
932 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2012  11:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RoyalSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks KUH. I'm keeping my eye on his 1922 "MS-62" 5 cents....right now its at $5...so even if its not MS-62 cant go wrong there :P
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4894 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2012  11:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canadian-Banknotes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think that coin is even close to MS
Pillar of the Community
Canada
932 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2012  11:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RoyalSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
which one? the 53 cent I bought or the 1922 5 cents?
Valued Member
Canada
185 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2012  11:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chris86 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, the 1922 5 Cents "MS-62" is at Best an XF - too much wear on the obv. for the coin to be anywhere close to ms. The 53 penny looks great though!
Edited by chris86
05/22/2012 11:24 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
932 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2012  11:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RoyalSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would agree to that as well, I didnt buy it. I wasnt sure whether CB was walking about the penny or the nickel. Anyways enough talk, this thread is for pictures, hoping to find another deal before bed
Pillar of the Community
Canada
862 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2012  12:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverBug to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I just wish he didn't have to charge Tax.

he charges tax on pure silver coins, I emailed him twice regarding this issue with no reply
Canada
47 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2012  3:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add toasty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My first canadian silver dollar purchase

Also got a nice 1908-1998 large cent and 50 cent proofs, but I can't get a nice pic. I keep seeing the camera lens in the reflection since they are so shiny!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2332 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1169 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2012  5:33 pm  Show Profile   Check ilikeikes's eBay Listings Check ilikeikes's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add ilikeikes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My first purchase from the RCM...2012 $20 Fine Silver Her Majesty Commemorative Coin...just love the hat!
7.96 grams pure silver...face value 20 dollars.
They were sold at cost for $20.00 each, limit 3/household, so, I bought 3 for my new collection. Hard to shoot perfectly, due to reflectivity...stunning Deep Cameo Contrast & mirrored fields.

Redwood Empire Coin Club#788
ANA#3144406

Pillar of the Community
Canada
4894 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2012  6:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canadian-Banknotes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This arrived today. Still waiting on a couple more coins though.

Edited by Canadian-Banknotes
05/23/2012 6:13 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
3352 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2012  6:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stevex6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
toasty & Canadian-Banknotes => nice => a couple of good ol' pretty coins (they're always a good buy!)

ilikeikes => I always love seeing a yank collecting canuck coins!

... I kinda like the queen's hat as well ... funny, Queen Elizabeth just seems like such a proper Royal and luckily she is such a nice throw-back to a time when the Royals actually stood for something, ya know? ...

=> I don't have any new age silver coins, but I kinda like the coin that you've decided to invest-in => well done!!

BRUTAL => she's been the Queen of England for 60 years!

=> can she beat Queen Victoria's record? ... stay tuned!!
Edited by stevex6
05/23/2012 6:45 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4894 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2012  7:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canadian-Banknotes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Stevex,

Ever since the "X number of Canadian Large Cents" thread, I have been hooked on them!

I am looking for grade opinions on this coin as well.

http://goccf.com/t/119875
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4894 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2012  5:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canadian-Banknotes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These all arrived today

They are all posted in the grading section as well

Learn More...
Canada
8093 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2012  8:03 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just bought a mint bag ($60 face value) of 1964 1-cent coins, with the wires and lead seal from the Royal Canadian Mint still intact (but won't be sealed for long)... I'll take a few photos later...
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Page: of 132 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 3.86 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05