Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Found A Nice Trinary, But Ugh

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
207 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2012  11:10 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add EnigmaticMindx to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Found this today, but it looks like it's been folded in half a couple hundred times and somebody wrote on it.. oh well.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1794 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2012  11:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Broken-Coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What's so special about this note?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2277 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2012  12:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wquinn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice serial #, but with the pen ink and folds, makes it a tough one to keep.
Pillar of the Community
656 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2012  2:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
broken-coin it is the serial number because it only has 3 digits in it 8 5 1.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1285 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2012  4:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ceylon62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do not mean to be rude

That's a BIG NUT to save for a so so / face value sn.

edit below

I would invest $50 on a short run star pair with $2 or $4 face value....any day of the week rather than this BIG NUT...each is his / her own.
Edited by Ceylon62
07/12/2012 4:35 pm
Valued Member
United States
207 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2012  01:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EnigmaticMindx to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Exactly my idea Ceylon. I plan on keeping these ones that are ALMOST something nice, but not quite special enough to hold on to.. but ARE enough to be semi interesting. Then I plan on spending them on some nicer notes. I guess you could call it a sort of incentive to save. I've got about $150 of so saved this way. 3.2m run star note $20s this $50 some other poor condition trinary 20s.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1285 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2012  10:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ceylon62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
USE the $150 to search for more notes. These items you post are ONLY worth face...sorry

Anyone else want to speak up?....thank you
United States
28 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2012  10:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinChick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey!
I agree that the note is only worth around it's face value but it's about the trill of the hunt! If you can find a dealer who will give you anything over face value take that money and search somethings else. If not hold onto it until you find something to upgrade it with.

It's great EM that you found that. It's a neat find and if you like it keep it. If not flip it or just spend it. Whatever brings you the most happiness.

It's all about the fun IMHO...
Valued Member
United States
207 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2012  1:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EnigmaticMindx to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I plan on spending them as face value.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.59 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05