Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Commems Collection: 1938 New Rochelle Revisited

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 1,653Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6560 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2012  9:42 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
In a previous post, I discussed the 1938 New Rochelle half-dollar and included images of an original five-coin holder for the coin. (Link to post: http://goccf.com/t/116872&SearchTerms=new,rochelle) Tonight, I thought I'd just add a bit to that post by presenting images of an original Order Acknowledgement post card and a promotional brochure used by the New Rochelle Commemorative Coin Committee to spur sales of their coin.

Three of the four panels of the promotional brochure and distribution holder are identical; they share their front panel design as well as their included historical content. The panel unique to the brochure is the back panel which provides pricing and ordering information for the coins. The distribution holder's distinctive panel is its interior right panel which features the slots for the coins. My original post featured a five-coin holder, for comparison, I've include an image of the interior panels on a two-coin holder.

Enjoy!

Read More: Commems Collection

1938 New Rochelle Half-Dollar - Obverse

1938 New Rochelle Half-Dollar - Reverse

Order Acknowledgement Card for One New Rochelle Half-Dollar

1938 New Rochelle Promotional Brochure - Outside Panels

1938 New Rochelle Promotional Brochure - Inside Panels

1938 New Rochelle Two-Coin Distribution Holder - Inside Panels

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Bedrock of the Community
13014 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2012  9:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I honestly cant decide whats more impressive, youre coin collection or the endless amounts of mint memorabilia (for lack of a better word) that you share with us.

Thank you for sharing yet another great piece.

According to an inflation calculator (if accurate) the $2.18 price tag shown back in 1937 is equal to $35.14 today.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7273 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2012  9:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Indeed agree that commems set of coins and related emphera taken as an whole are the best I have ever seen ... and could most likely form the solid foundations of a serious museum collection.

The posted 'materials' are lovely ... but what means the most to me is commems continued contributions to share his knowledge in the fine tradition of CCF sharing.

David
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9952 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2012  11:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You must have the most complete collection of commemorative coins, medals and memorabilia bar none! I am always impressed and amazed by the detail of your posts David. Thank you for sharing this piece of American history and I must add I look forward to next.
1883-O Nut
Learn More...
United States
104880 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2012  12:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I honestly cant decide whats more impressive, youre coin collection or the endless amounts of mint memorabilia (for lack of a better word) that you share with us.
I concur. To be fair, I will say that both are equally impressive.

Quote:
... but what means the most to me is commems continued contributions to share his knowledge in the fine tradition of CCF sharing.
Absolutely!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6560 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2012  7:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for the very kind feedback and comments, it is much appreciated. It's always nice to hear that folks enjoy my sharing of pieces from my collection.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2277 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2012  1:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wquinn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coins and great info. I wish I could have made that birthday party.

But that was quite a bit of money ($2.18) to spend on a half dollar back then. At least they gave a quantity discount. The Mint doesn't do that for collectors anymore.
Pillar of the Community
United States
620 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2012  3:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Captain Morgan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great classic Half and one I need for the Album.
As always what you write I find of great interest.
Thank you for taking the time to share with us here.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 1,653Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05