Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Commems Collection: Btw Memorial Ephemera

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,239Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4704 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2012  1:25 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
In my previous post on the Booket T. Washington Memorial half-dollars, I presented one of the black leatherette three-coin holders in which some of the coins were originally distributed. (See: http://goccf.com/t/116437) Here I present some additional paper items related to the promotion and distribution of the commemorative coins.

First up is a "Gems of Wisdom" promotional flyer that featured several quotes attributed to Booker T. Washington along with advertising copy promoting the BTW half-dollar.

Read More: Commems Collection

Exterior Panels

Interior Panels

Next is another "Gems of Wisdom" piece, but this version served a different purpose. This paper leaflet, in addition to a couple of BTW quotes, had a place to attach (via tape) a BTW half-dollar. These flyers were used by the Birthplace Memorial group to distribute coins to purchasers, as well as to send coins to prospective buyers in hopes of eliciting sales.

Exterior Panels

Interior Panels

Last up is an unaddressed mailing envelope marking the opening day of the BTW Birthplace Memorial. This is one of a few varieties of "Opening Day" event covers used by the sponsoring group to mail coins and promotional material. In a bit of foreshadowing, the stamp used on the cover honors George Washington Carver.

And the coin...

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6862 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2012  5:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The breadth and depth of your collection continue to amaze commems ... surpassed only by your knowledge of the series and your demonstrated exceptional ability to describe the connections.

Many thanks for another informative post ...

David

Edited for spllenging
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Edited by nickelsearcher
11/04/2012 5:53 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
561 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2012  10:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Merc Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Work and family has kept me from the boards for awhile but one of the first things I did upon returning was look for your threads commem. I am glad that I did as I was anything but disappointed. Beautiful coin and wonderful information. Thanks for sharing.
Learn More...
United States
91042 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2012  5:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice!

I do appreciate that your images are clearly readable. You have given us the usual added value that we have come to appreciate.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4704 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2012  10:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You're all very kind. Thank you much!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3451 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2012  12:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinsKelly to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As in all things commemorative, commems!
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,239Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05