Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Somalia Elephant Silver And Gold Coins Anyone?

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 416 / Views: 91,494Next Topic
Page: of 28
Pillar of the Community
United States
3788 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2017  01:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yup7676 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very disappointed as I mentioned before, in the 2017 design. I did not buy a single elephant this year. I hope the Bavarian Mint is listening and gets their act together going forward.

I really wanted a 5 oz elephant and they botched it lol

oh well ...
Valued Member
United States
142 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2017  1:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Liquidsilver7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a roll of 2016 elephants. I think the design is decent. Nothing mind blowing.
Its more or less a classic design to me which I like.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3788 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2017  12:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yup7676 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After sitting out the entire 2017 run, and very sad about it because you KNOW I love my elephants, I am proud to announce I will continue to buy the series as I really like the 2018 design.

Looking forward to getting the 2, 5 and 10 oz elephant. Am looking for a reasonably priced ANA Denver privy on it, and excited about the entire gold series.

going to be a great year for us Somalian elephant collectors.

I dunno, 2017 design was cartoonish, the elephant looked weak and silly, reminds me of when they have the Macys parade and the inflated animals, thats what the 2017 year looked like to me.

watch tho, 2017 will have a very low mintage because of its poor design lol
Pillar of the Community
United States
3788 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2017  7:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yup7676 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You know what, I am getting a hankering for a 2018 Kilo elephant as well LOL

I am telling you, these kilo elephants, when they look great, are very HARD to not want. Kind of like trying to ignore a voluptuous latin women when you have her attention lol
Pillar of the Community
United States
877 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2017  9:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
lol nice analogy
Pillar of the Community
United States
3788 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2017  4:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yup7676 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks@machine20 lol

I keep checking every day for any arrivals of 2018 2, 5 and 10 oz elephants because I will be the first to buy this design :D

*camping virtually on the Internet coin dealers sites* lol
Pillar of the Community
United States
3788 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2017  2:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yup7676 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sooooo..

I noticed 2018 2 oz silver elephants are starting to show up. Also excited to see some gold elephants for 2018 available as well.

A few dealers have told me by December the rest of the various silver ounces, such as the 5 oz, 10 oz,, will be available.

I am super excited for this years design and looking forward to getting back to the elephants after taking a year off, sadly, from the somalian elephants, due to last years poor design.

I really am digging the bigger silver sizes and I dunno, I like the kilo size as well lol

Pillar of the Community
United States
3788 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2017  3:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yup7676 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Guys-

IMPORTANT announcement here .. lol...

APMEX has now the bigger sized silver elephants in stock, the 2 oz, the 5oz, and the 10oz.

Totally excited here and placed my order.

also getting the gold fractional sizes as well

Edited by yup7676
11/30/2017 3:56 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3788 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2017  4:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yup7676 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Mister Kairu

Yes, agree here, I love the design for 2018, I was hoping they would do well after my disappointment from last year.

I am very excited about the bigger sizes and have never owned the fractional gold coins.

Being a proud owner of 1 oz somalia elephant gold coins, the 1/2, 1/4 sizes must be a beauty!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3788 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2017  8:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yup7676 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh my god, just got my 2 oz Silver Elephants for 2018 in, god they are so beautiful.

Been waiting for a LONG time to get the 2 oz coin after not buying a single elephant in 2017, as you can imagine, it was a very depressing and dark collecting time period for me lol

If you dont own a 2 oz silver 2018 Somalia elephant, I encourage you to buy one, you will NOT regret this coin!!
Valued Member
United States
142 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2017  01:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Liquidsilver7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was alerted by APMEX 2018 gold elephant
With the dog privy. 100 minted. Too bad i
Cant get it!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3788 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2017  2:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yup7676 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting, thats a pretty decent price for a lowwwww mintage.

I want to also note from my data base of prices,,, do you guys remember that 2015 Chicago ANA privy gold 1 oz, with 100 pieces, that coin was around FOREVER at 2,100ish bucks....

I have noted auctions where prices came in around 1600ish and a tad more (remember gold prices were a tad higher) for that 2015 gold ANA Somalia elephant privy gold coin...

which brings me to another point- dealers figured out with the Somalian elephants, even with low mintage, collectors had a hard time justifying 2100+ price on those coins and they really did sit around for a longggg time.

you can still find a few dealers trying to push that coin...

My FINAL point,,, that 2018 Rwanda gold Giraffe,,,1 oz, only 100 mintage, is really only worth around 1500-1600 TOPS.. not 2400+...
Valued Member
United States
208 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2017  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add winterfell to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have followed this thread for a while now, but I have just purchased my first elephant coin, the 2018 silver coin with the dog privy. I like the 2018 design a lot, and I love dogs. The privy looks really nice in the seller's pictures, hopefully it looks as nice in hand when I get it! Also, it comes in a capsule which is nice.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3788 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2017  11:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yup7676 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am LOVING these bigger sized somalia silver elephants, love that the 2 oz, 10 oz come in caps. sick of getting toned touched coins from MCM... I hope you guys are reading this and stop that crap.

LOVE the 1/2, 1/4 ounce gold elephants this year,, WOW,, they are stunning. I sat out all of 2017 which SUCKED.. but I am glad they picked up the ball in 2018 with the elephant design.

The craftsmanship, the beauty of this animal, on these gold coins is excellent. Why waste your money on gold american eagles or gold maple leafs, year after year, when you have a changing design in this series is beyond me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4207 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2018  11:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Debrajc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am starting to venture out just a little bit from my 1 oz. silver coins and gold is just not an option for
my budget but I did one "splurge" as a Christmas gift from me to me....and bought a "herd" of silver elephants.
18.85 ounces to be exact.......

Page: of 28 Previous TopicReplies: 416 / Views: 91,494Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05