Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

If You Are Interested In Platinum And Palladium

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11
Pillar of the Community

United States
3787 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2013  11:27 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add yup7676 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
With these metals off to a good start I thought I would list two other ways to enter the PM trade for Platinum and palladium in addition to buying coins.

PPLT and PALL. look them up on yahoo or google.

more later, sorry for such a short posting just busy. I;ll explain more later

Pillar of the Community
United States
4008 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2013  7:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ed_B to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Indeed. When I invested $10k in PPLT, Pt was selling for $1400 an oz. So far, so good.

Have not invested in PALL but am considering it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3787 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2013  9:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yup7676 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Ed

Yea that was a good move. both these are looking good for higher prices. Should be interesting to see what happens at the yearly highs...

Perhaps they get rejected and have to retrace, consolidate/chop and run higher. we'll see.

The more tho we keep probing these prices on the upper end the higher the chance we see higher highs in 2013,, should be fun
Pillar of the Community
United States
3787 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2013  11:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yup7676 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well...

looking good for both of these. PALL hit a 52 high confirming an uptrend. as of right now looks like it stalled BUT was not rejected. Not a violent reaction intraday on PALL. You could grab PALL at the 52 high and apply a stop or wait for a retracement. As you can see, PALL clearly is bought on the dips as well.

PPLT looking very good also, STRONG as bull, even after 8 straight days up it hasn't rejected and retraced yet. RAther it continues to chop and looks like 169ish is our next short term target at this rate.

As always market conditions can change so position yourself for a possible retracement with a stop in place.

These two are winners thus far and look good for 2013.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3787 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2013  12:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yup7676 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
another yearly high is in for PALL. PPLT continues to grind and trying to continue its push also towards 52 highs. Keep in mind yearly highs many times signal a strong uptrend that is in place.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3787 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2013  11:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yup7676 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PPLT and PALL continue to look good. Looks like PPLT is doing some back and forth back filling in terms of price action.

PALL made a 52 high yesterday and today while not hitting another high hasn't exactly rolled over from the highs.

Some chop and perhaps a pull back would be constructive especially in PALL.

Both metals are off to a good start thus far. Lets see if they continue to hold this price range, the more they do, the higher the likelihood of a move higher.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3787 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2013  1:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yup7676 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
just an update here been meaning to bring this up to speed.

We can see the divergence in these two as well. However, PALL does look good and the strongest of the PMs,, and based on what I am seeing market wise in terms of strength in the auto sector, such as car makers, auto parts, its no surprise we see strength here and this could be setting up palladium for a pretty good year.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3787 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2013  1:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yup7676 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
and, of course, plat is on a death march along with silver and gold.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3787 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2013  11:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yup7676 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just wanted to include a quickie here, just look at how strong palladium is!

IF you want to buy PMs, this is where, I think, and I personally will do, is buy palladium. As we always say, buy strength, sell weakness.

keep an eye on it guys!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3787 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2013  1:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yup7676 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I figured I would pull this thread up here.

Platinum is continuing its downtrend and continues to tumble along with gold and silver. Don't attempt to dip buy here either, there will be much lower prices going forward.

Palladium, while still continues to cling to its uptrend, should more selling occur, could suffer some serious technical price damage.

Again, dip buying should not be considered for these metals at these prices.
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2013  11:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hobbyguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What kind of coins are on the market? I've seen Platinum eagles but not much else.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3787 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2013  12:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yup7676 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am not too sure but I would give eBay a good look.

However, I would stay away from both these metals as well for now, as they are breaking down and have further to fall.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3787 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2013  1:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yup7676 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wanted to bring this thread to speed...

Plat actually is starting to look good here. Pal, I cant get a feel for it yet, seems like the range continues to dribble lower after having a stellar start.

Anyways, I do think Plat if it can break this price range in its in will bring in higher prices. I wanted to get that in if any folks were stacking or collecting plat coins.

As always, the market is always right over what I see in price action or my opinion.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3670 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2013  9:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silverhawk74 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I messed up in a couple of ways on this subject with both p and p....

As I had an oz. of platinum in 1-10 form and got them all at great price average of like 145 each when market was way low, but I sold them all for small profit say around 180 each perhaps and really didn't need to sell....

One guy in Canada buys a 1-10th oz. proof of the lot of 10 and another Ms-69 sells as well of those 10 1st. Well the other 8 were RAW coins and I had put the other 8 COINS in the proof box and FORGOT to remove before I shipped to guy in Canada....

Meantime before I realize I sell 5 to another guy at 900 total....

CAN you imagine how green and sick I was when I realized I sent the proof buyer and extra EIGHT 1-10 platinum rounds worth about 1200 bucks lol....

Guy was WAY cool and sent them all back minus ONE, as I told him to keep the one extra for his honesty....

I got WAY lucky and the other buyer was way cool as I honestly explained to him what happened, and I HAD the money to refund and OFFERED it at MOMENTS notice but he waited and wanted the platinum as he knew it went up in price since buying. I cant blame him....

Anyhow I got them back and sent him his five, and sold last 2 to TBK lol....

The guy in Canada even felt guilty for keeping one which I offered and sent me 100 bucks which is still great deal a 1-10 platinum round at 100 bucks. Instant double your money if one wanted and I only lost about 45 on that deal I figure....

I guess morale of that rant, I am glad to see there are some good honest humans left, many of which here as that restored a little faith in mankind that guy sending that 1200 worth of platinum back he could have easily kept with zero ramifications....

I also bought a palladium oz which never arrived but seller refunded my money and I put it back into gold and silver seems like....

Anyhow to my point I have a almost 100 oz of silver and almost 5 oz of gold, but not platinum and palladium and I wished I had diversified a bit better and got more of each when they were both cheaper....

Oh well silver is still a bargain and I RARELY ever post pmz anymore in my eBay store but I got an ox 10 and 20 up and some SBSS rounds up Slave queen roll of 20 as I wanna convert that into a gold BUFFALO reverse proof 2013 before it goes up to high in cost over 1700k, not that it is not too high already.....

Edited by Silverhawk74
08/12/2013 10:07 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
905 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2013  10:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tpg22 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good point on the RP Buffalo. Another 4000 sold today taking it to 25000. I checked the price guide and if gold stays here it will be $1690 per coin and a move to $1350 will take it to $1740. They say the price can be adjusted weekly.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3787 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2013  11:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yup7676 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just wanted to do an update here

1- Palladium once again is working at coming within striking distance of its yearly highs. This indicates strength and this metal is the market leadership of the PMs group.

Watch and see if it either a- hits the yearly high and rolls over OR hits the yearly high and rips even higher. Clearly buying the dip in this metal is working.

2- on a longer term time frame, platinum is getting ready to rip higher. While there is overhead resistance this one appears to also have some legs to it.

Those interested in playing this group besides buying physical coins can access the markets via PALL and PPLT.
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.17 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05