Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Zeugitana Carthage

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 2,025Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Netherlands
1204 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2013  3:42 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Dutchgulden to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

I found the following coin on a site, its from carthage of Zeugitana.
What is the opinion of the object, is it in good shape for such an old coin?

I think its of the 3-4th century bc?

Edited by Dutchgulden
07/09/2013 3:42 pm
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
3626 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2013  3:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pishpash to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is a shame the horses head is missing.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3146 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2013  3:55 pm  Show Profile   Check FVRIVS RVFVS's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add FVRIVS RVFVS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It may well be Punic but it has a very Sicilian look about it. Out of my area but it is a nice 'early' bronze. Condition is always subjective with smaller bronzes. On a scale of 1 - 10 I give it a 6.5
IN GOD WE TRVST ....... all others pay cash !

COGITO ERGO SPVD
I think ...... therefore I yam
Pillar of the Community
Netherlands
1204 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2013  3:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dutchgulden to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I know its not a coin in a great condition, thats why its quite cheap.
Right now I dont have any of such old coins..
Pillar of the Community
United States
5155 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2013  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ancientnoob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Condition? What's that? For something like this IMO it comes down to price? Is it worth to you what the seller is asking? I collect Punic Carthage I have a few different types of coins, some worse then that one that I am very happy to own. I would say if you can get that coin for under $40 then it would be a shame not to do so.

Condition?

The coin is in MUCH better condition then the empire of which it came. Its even in much better condition then the history that surrounds that piece. Its a wicked nice example of which I have 2 and this one is better then the both. With that being said, I have a buddy who has one nicer then the OP. In my opinion he paid through the nose.

Who would not want a decent condition bronze of a lost civilization or a destroyed (not conquered) empire or in this case both!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5155 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2013  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ancientnoob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you don't want it, tell me where it is so I can buy it!

This is the best info I can obtain on this coin. These coins are not of standard weight.

http://www.magnagraecia.nl/coins/Pu...056-136.html
Pillar of the Community
Netherlands
1204 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2013  4:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dutchgulden to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Ancientnoob for the info,I bought it for 18 dollars..I couldnt let it go, especially after your opinion!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5155 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2013  4:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ancientnoob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
By the hairs on Neptune's beard....$18!?!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
3626 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2013  4:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pishpash to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For $18 who cares about the head!
Pillar of the Community
Netherlands
1204 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2013  4:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dutchgulden to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes 18 dollars, as well as this piece.. Carthage

Pillar of the Community
Netherlands
1204 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2013  4:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dutchgulden to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Without a head again '-)
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
3626 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2013  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pishpash to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You got BOTH for $18?
Pillar of the Community
Netherlands
1204 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2013  4:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dutchgulden to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No both for a total of 36 dollar
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
3626 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2013  4:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pishpash to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well thats a bit of a relief!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3146 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2013  5:12 pm  Show Profile   Check FVRIVS RVFVS's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add FVRIVS RVFVS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thirty six dollars is a 'nice' price. Not a steal but definitely a good deal !
Being an AE fan I much prefer these to the Trajan denarii.
IN GOD WE TRVST ....... all others pay cash !

COGITO ERGO SPVD
I think ...... therefore I yam
Pillar of the Community
United States
5155 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2013  6:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ancientnoob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For sure these over the Trajan Denarii. The second coin is nice but I think you paid what it was worth. The first one I think you did exceptionally well.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 2,025Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05