Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Canadian Tokens

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4203 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2013  1:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chequer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@wert Yours is a commemorative medal issued by the province of Ontario in 1967. Your looks to be the gold plate version and it should measure 38 mm. There were 10,000 issued compared to 100,000 of the plain nickel-silver version.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19374 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2013  5:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's one of those I just purchased from another member here.

Valued Member
Canada
453 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2013  7:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jerry_B to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lots of nice tokens!
I have a (slowly) growing collection of these historic pieces.
I think my favorite is this spread eagle.
(Not quite as nice as Wade's though)

Pillar of the Community
United States
4897 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2013  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add amida17 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Forgot the variety... LC-60D2

edit: added variety.
Edited by amida17
12/13/2013 8:32 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19374 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2013  09:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
4897 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2013  1:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add amida17 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Brock Token. UC-6A8

Bedrock of the Community
United States
19374 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2013  4:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1617 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2013  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mysilveryears to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Sorry, I don't know anything about varieties of these.
Nor do I have any good Canadian references other than Krause.
I'm seeing a lot of token specimens here I have not seen before.
I have a bunch more of these, similar to the above.. I'll get up some more pics as I find time and get better organized.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19374 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2013  9:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Bedrock of the Community
United States
19374 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2013  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Bedrock of the Community
United States
19374 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2013  1:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Canada
4203 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2013  1:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chequer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love these tokens. Did someone write 185 in Sharpie on your Montreal Agriculture and Commerce token, IndianGoldEagle?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19374 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2013  11:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like it was done in India ink, it's thick so I don't think it was a Sharpie. Haven't tried an Acetone bath yet but intend to do so.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4203 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2013  11:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chequer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting. If it's been there a long time, there may be a difference in toning.
Valued Member
Canada
490 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2013  2:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add billfrak to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Indiangoldeagle, I would not try to remove the ink from
the sou , old time collectors used to do that all the
time including some famous ones.
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05