Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2013 Nfl Playoffs

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
792 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2013  4:43 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add spaceace to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This is the Playoff version of my NFL contest for 2013.
We have 6 players who qualified via the third annual NFL regular season contest I held earlier. The final 6 players are:
cpfull
perfessor
coinsearcher83
Kefiroth
spaceace
jay4202472000

Rules for the first round of playoffs are rather simple (they will get progressively more difficult and some will be different than last year)...so here we go...

In round one each player will simply select 1 AFC team and 1 NFC team to advance in the tournament. If BOTH of your teams win then you will advance to the next round. Don't worry about your team picks affecting your choices in the next round; no matter who you pick, if you advance, every NFL team still alive in the playoffs will be an option for you in each round (example, unlike the regular season, if you pick the Colts in the first round, you can still pick them in later rounds).

Picks are due FRIDAY by Midnight.

Good luck.

I will post results after each week and list the rules for the next round.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1429 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2013  12:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kefiroth to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dallas losing makes this pick a lot more difficult for me, but...

NFC: Saints

AFC: Bengals
Pillar of the Community
United States
860 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2014  01:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add perfessor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are my picks:

AFC: Bengals
NFC: Forty-Niners
Pillar of the Community
United States
554 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2014  6:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cpfull to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will pick the Sunday games to build drama, so the Packers and Cincy. One of the final 2 will be out in the first round this time
Pillar of the Community
United States
554 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2014  7:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cpfull to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Perfessor, I never did see any pics of your loot from the regular season. Wadya get?
Pillar of the Community
United States
792 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2014  10:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add spaceace to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll take KC and Green Bay
Pillar of the Community
United States
834 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2014  5:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jay4202472000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AFC - San Diego
NFC - Philadelphia

KC hasn't won a playoff game in 23 years.
NO plays in a dome & it's gonna be -100 degrees in Philly.
Pillar of the Community
United States
860 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2014  11:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add perfessor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got some really nice prizes from the NFL contest. Trouble is that I suck at taking pictures and my phone which takes decent pictures can't download anything right now. Let me see what I can do.
Pillar of the Community
United States
834 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2014  12:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jay4202472000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I meant Cincy instead of KC in my reasoning, but I'm done nevertheless. Thanks Eagles! Good luck folks!
Pillar of the Community
United States
554 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2014  5:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cpfull to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What happens if none of us get both right?
Pillar of the Community
United States
792 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2014  6:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add spaceace to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
if everybody is knocked out, then everybody is back in for the second round. Entually there will be tie breakers and such, but if nobody gets 2 teams who advance then we are all back in. I will post the (different) rules for round two on Monday.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1429 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2014  8:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kefiroth to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, looks like everyone went 1-1
Pillar of the Community
United States
792 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2014  01:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add spaceace to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well since no playoff participant made it through round 1, all of us proceed to the next round. for this round the top three players advance to the next round.
Here are the rules:

1) each player will select who they think will win each of the 4 games this weekend
2) each player will also list their guess as to the final point total for the winning team

Points will be awarded for each correct choice in this manner:
- you will get 1 point for every correct winner (obviously there are 4 possible points to gain)
- for every team that you correctly predict as a winner you can score one bonus point if you guess their score within 5 points (for every game that you do not correctly identify the winner, you will have no chance to get the bonus point)

so for exaample if you correctly pick 2 winners out of the 4 games, then you will get 2 points and in those games where you correctly predicted the winner you could get another bonus point if you predict the winners point total within 5 points (+ or - 5 points)

The 3 players who have the top point totals will move on to the next round (in the ever so slight chance that we have a tie between players, ties will be broken by whoever submitted their guesses first). Good luck
Pillar of the Community
United States
554 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2014  12:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cpfull to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess I will go first
Seattle 30 points
Indy 21 points
Carolina 28 points
San Diego 35 points
Pillar of the Community
United States
834 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2014  6:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jay4202472000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1). Denver 34 pts
2). New England 31 pts
3). Carolina 24 pts
4). Seattle 38 pts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1429 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2014  12:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kefiroth to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Seattle - 32 points
Carolina - 22 points
Denver - 40 points
Indianapolis - 30 points
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.08 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05