Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Jewish Japanese Coin?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2014  12:40 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add krazykoinkollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I discovered this coin in a batch of quarters I received. I'm not sure if it's real currency; I think it might be some kind of arcade token? Unsure. It is the size of an American quarter, but a little lighter. On the top and bottom of the coin it says New Japan, and on the right and left there are 3 stars. In the middle, there is the Star of David, and then in that is NJ. Same on both sides.
If anyone has any information, I'd be glad to know!

Edited by krazykoinkollector
03/02/2014 09:31 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
2543 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2014  11:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add denco7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am thinking a pachinko token. It is a token for a Japanese pachinko machine. Used as an arcade/gambling pastime in Japan.

Not positive though.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1234 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2014  12:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ASLAN TVorlon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pachinko token makes sense, I have not watched much Japanime but I do remember from the one or two movies I suffered through they are rather fond of the idea of New Tokyo... as a future dystopian re-emergence after the old city is destroyed at some time in the future.
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2019  10:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ToAsTydust to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found the same coin in my great grandfathers shed after he died. I know this is an old post but did you find any info on it?
Learn More...
United States
72240 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8493 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2019  1:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ ToAsTydust

To the Forum.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.02 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05