Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Thread To Post Your UK Error Coin Photos

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United Kingdom
108 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2014  4:30 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Beeston1990 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

I've seen a number of threads specifically for US error coins but I was wondering if anyone had UK error coins and wanted to show them off here? I am very interested in seeing what people have to show. I will be listing photos of mine shortly; to date I have 71 UK 50 pence error coins. This is my area of expertise
Pillar of the Community
778 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2014  08:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BillSnyder to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Beeston1990!

Which Forum? Well, I've been posting British errors right here in United Kingdom (Great Britain) Coins.

I'd like to see your collection!

Bill

Valued Member
United Kingdom
108 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2014  08:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Beeston1990 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bill,

Thanks for your message. I'm in-between properties right now so won't have the chance to take scans of these errors for a little while yet but I have 71 in my collection right now. My last purchase was actually my most expensive.. A partial reverse brockage on a UK 50p... Paid £110, so more than I wanted to/ believe it's possibly worth but it's an example of an error I didn't yet have in my collection. There's a guy on this website who has a triple struck 50p that I'd love to have in my collection, unfortunately I doubt he's interested in selling. I'm not sure how to upload photos on here so I may have trouble adding photos, that said, I always use JPEGbay so may get away with providing a link to that
Pillar of the Community
778 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2014  10:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BillSnyder to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your collection sounds great! We definitely think alike. We simply collect different coin types.

I post images by clicking on UPLOAD IMAGE (at the bottom of the section where one writes messages or replies). Then, all I need to do is to point to the image file on my computer and upload it. (Note that here, files must be under 100K in size, and in JPG or GIF format. (see https://www.coincommunity.com/forum...g-images.asp

Alternately, I put in a URL from Photobucket.

All the best,
Bill
Edited by BillSnyder
07/05/2014 10:06 am
Valued Member
United States
272 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2019  05:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add spirityoda to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2010 2 pound doubled die error
Edited by spirityoda
07/17/2019 05:37 am
Valued Member
United States
272 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2019  05:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add spirityoda to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
5668 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2019  2:23 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Considering how long I've been collecting, I've found relatively few error coins, and few spectacular ones.

Here are a few I've kept:

1944 threepence - lamination error:

1962 penny: lamination on obverse:

1962 florin - slight grease-filled die on reverse ('WO' of 'TWO'):

1971 penny - triangular cud on obverse:

1976 2p - grease-filled die on reverse ('E' of 'PENCE'):
Edited by NumisRob
07/17/2019 2:33 pm
Learn More...
United States
78380 Posts
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05