Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Eisenhower Silver Dollars

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,236Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
589 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2014  1:47 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add SilverTracker to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Good Day All,

I have been offered to purchase the Silver Eisenhower dollars that come in those blue envelopes for each year they were minted.

Since I am a silver coin addict and a numismatic collector I would like to know whats a fair price to offer for these? Please all opinions and advice is appreciated since I will meet with him this Friday.

Thank you
John
Edited by SilverTracker
10/29/2014 1:49 pm
Valued Member
United States
100 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2014  3:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mritchie77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The silver value alone is about $5.50 dollars. I see them regularly selling for $10 by dealers.
Edited by mritchie77
10/29/2014 3:03 pm
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2014  3:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wood_Ster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see these for Melt at Garage sales, ect.

I paid 9 dollars each for a handful in the mint envelope when silver was closer to $30.

I would try to pay 6 each.

These are not qorth $10 each IMHO
Pillar of the Community
United States
631 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2014  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AlbumAccumulator to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Full retail is about $10 on these but you can easily find them for $7-$8.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2760 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2014  5:07 pm  Show Profile   Check SA4H's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SA4H to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can find these at large coin show for around $7-$8 too....
Note: Condition and quality must be factor in when deciding on the price though.
'Pytellc': I am still waiting for my $50 world coins from you, Mr. Carson Pytell!

*+*Bruce*+*
My coins available for trade. - My coins for sale - Coins I want/need.
"Living to Learn, Not Learning to Live!"
Yet, I'm learning to live more than living to learn!
Valued Member
United States
58 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2014  12:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rarecollectibles to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree that $6 or $7 is a fair price. I put a few in an auction at my coin club and there were no takers @ $8. Figure I will just hold them.
You might go a little higher on the 1972 through 1974 as the mintages were much lower.
Good luck!
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,236Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05