Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Hoard!

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 1,833Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

Canada
242 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2015  10:01 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add markbaer to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Just received my new group of silver roman coins....! I'm sure that there'll be loads of duplicates and triplicates (and worse)...but it'll great practice trying to attribute them. I'm slowing working my way through some of the resources others have posted after the last batch I posted for ID. Some of them probably need some cleaning too.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2044 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2015  10:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gil-galad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's definitely a nice group of silver coins there. I see a lot of 2nd-3rd century coins there. I imagine you could sell some of them as well. There is a place to sell here, of course.

I can't wait to see what you end up getting.
Learn More...
United States
22976 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2015  10:08 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a nice hoard, you will have may hours of fun going through these. Do you mind saying where you got this hoard from?
Pillar of the Community
Italy
1790 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2015  10:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Augustus Maximus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow !
Pillar of the Community
3772 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2015  10:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Medieval to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How many in total?
And if I am allowed to ask: what was the average price per coin?
Pillar of the Community
Italy
1790 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2015  10:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Augustus Maximus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Adopt me !
Valued Member
Canada
242 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2015  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add markbaer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
142 coins in total...they were from "crusty romans" in the UK - they got them from a german collector apparently who is retiring his collection. The final selling price was 19.79 (UK pounds) per piece, with the bulk order. They still have some on their website I believe (called 'Minos').
I've been buying from them because I trust them...they also come with export papers, so they should be legitimate.
I wouldn't mind selling the duplicates once I figure out what they are...although I have a feeling that it may take some time... This is a bit embarrassing to say, but I'm still having some trouble reading the darn letters, even when they should be relatively clear!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2044 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2015  10:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gil-galad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, just post what you can't figure out. I'm sure we'd enjoy trying to figure the coins out as well.
Valued Member
Canada
242 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2015  10:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add markbaer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Will do! (although careful what you ask for...the last time I ended up flooding the board with 15 IDs at once!:))
Pillar of the Community
United States
2044 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2015  10:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gil-galad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No problem, just give me a discount for figuring out some. Just kidding. lol

It's no problem. Will keep me and others busy I think. I don't think the moderators mind either. More activity.
Pillar of the Community
3772 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2015  10:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Medieval to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just stick to half a dozen per day!
While I am not so good with portraits, I can read some quite crappy legends.
Valued Member
Canada
242 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2015  10:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add markbaer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
haha deal...! (I mean sticking to 6/day, not the discount=))
Pillar of the Community
3772 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2015  10:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Medieval to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You should still consider that discount, whatever it is. :)

Just don't forget to post some every day, the sooner the better - so you can go on and buy the next lot.
Valued Member
Canada
242 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2015  11:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add markbaer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think I have a call tomorrow after work, and then a dinner, but after that I'll start posting.
Actually, I think that I may as well try to sell duplicates...they would fund new coins.
I've thought about trying one of these 'metal detecting holidays' at some point for fun. I found one site in Colchester which seems interesting:
http://www.colchestertreasurehuntin....uk/home.htm
Something about the idea of finding your own Celtic stater...though I'm sure that the odds are fairly low...
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
16967 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2015  12:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You are going to have fun with THAT lot!
What resources do you have access to, that will assist in the attribution of them?
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1290 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2015  06:40 am  Show Profile   Check MetDet71's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add MetDet71 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If your after a searching holiday drop me a message, got a few buddies that run clubs.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 1,833Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05