Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Monogram Coin

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 839Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
513 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2015  01:36 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add chuy1530 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Found this one is the same lot as the probable Claudius I posted in the other thread (which is now taking a long bath in DW,) and I'm absolutely no good at them. I looked at the forvm list but couldn't find a match, but my eyes were going cross about halfway down the list...

I think I see a PVS wrapped around an H?

1.00 g (on the dot), 15.42 mm.
Pillar of the Community
3772 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2015  02:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Medieval to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The monogram is for 'Philipus Rex' aka Philip and the coin is from Spain.

Postscript:

Go to http://www.omnicoin.com/country/Spa...=year&page=2 and scroll down to "Phillip II blanca"
Edited by Medieval
02/04/2015 02:23 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
513 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2015  1:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chuy1530 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad I didn't try to find it myself then; I'd never have thought to look that late. Thank you!
Learn More...
United States
22987 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2015  3:24 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like an interesting coin, can't wait to see what it looks like once you clean it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
513 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2015  3:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chuy1530 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's tiny and thin and feels fragile so I'm afraid of much mechanical cleaning, but the DW and brush should get it most of the way there.

Also I wish I'd gotten it a week ago; I could've actually contributed to the 'walking back from 1600' thread before we hit the 1000s haha.
Pillar of the Community
3772 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2015  3:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Medieval to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When I saw it first, I thought it might even fall of the edge of this forum. Without looking further, wasn't sure if it might not have been an issue of Philip III.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 839Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.4 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05