Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Spanish Cob-coin With A Bust! (Sardinia Under Spain!)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Austria
513 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2015  08:11 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add coinworldtv to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Fellow members,

i am glad to present a very attractive 10 Reali cob coin (in italian "maltagliato" means crudely cut = cob) of Cagliari (Sardinia) struck on a silver 8 reales cob (probably Seville mint) during 1621-1660s.

If one examines the fields closely there are still the 8 reales details recognizable.

This is probably the only 8 reales cob-coin type with a bust on it.

Edited by coinworldtv
02/13/2015 08:13 am
Pillar of the Community
3772 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2015  08:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Medieval to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting coin.
But if they used silver coins of that weight instead of blanks, then there are probably quite a few like your around.
Pillar of the Community
Austria
513 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2015  08:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinworldtv to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Of course there are.

I never said, that the coin is unique.

This type is possibly unique (bust on a 8 reales cob coin), at least to me.

I know other italian states with busts on their coins, but they usually prepare their own planchets.

Maybe there is a type, which I missed.

Any suggestions for another bust type coin struck on 8 reales cobs?
Edited by coinworldtv
02/13/2015 08:41 am
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05