Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Super Box That Had 250+ Wheats And 2 Indian Heads!

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 36 / Views: 4,067Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
300 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2015  12:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Night Hawk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice score!

I think the best I ever did was 30 or 40 in a box, and I only pulled 1 IHC ever.
Valued Member
292 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2015  12:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JoggingLiberty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Nobody is going to believe that this new box is likely loaded as well. I opened one roll and took a picture of my findings...the line of coins in the picture are all wheats with a 1910 being the earliest (mostly 40's/50's). The one on the end is a steel.

As much as I want to dig through this box I'm going to wait until tonight so I can make a video(s) without all the screaming and yelling of children. I want to document this as much as I can lol.

I'm also going tomorrow and buying every box of pennies from that one particular company in a 10 mile radius lol..and no I'm not telling you where I live or what company
Learn More...
United States
87873 Posts
Valued Member
292 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2015  10:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JoggingLiberty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think I'll go buy some more boxes tomorrow but I won't be opening them for a while. Going through these two boxes in two days has me tired and I haven't even gotten the other stuff from the boxes yet... here's a video of my finds of this second miracle box...spoiler... I find over 100 wheats in this one

5U19GVn8HjA

skipping to the last video for this box (feel free to check out my channel for all 4 videos):
syzxyGS-oGM

I wish you all luck and hope you find one of these boxes.
Edited by JoggingLiberty
03/04/2015 10:42 pm
Valued Member
292 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2015  2:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JoggingLiberty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As much as I didn't want to open anymore boxes...I went back to the bank(s) today and got another box from each bank. Came home and opened both looking only for wheat ends. The first box I opened had one roll with a wheat end and I opened it and another random roll and found one wheat in each.

The second box had 6 wheat-end rolls and one that had.............ANOTHER INDIAN HEAD! I opened one of the wheat-end rolls and found 14 wheats with the earliest being a 1920. I am eager to open that second box but I'll wait until the family goes to sleep tonight so I can run a video or two. Stay tuned :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
509 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2015  3:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CLS12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find! Keep on it and hope the tellers like you or you get different tellers everyday before you wipe them out and get shut off for not ordering boxes. You might want to try the candy idea or re-roll and swap for a fresh box to ease the nuisance (if they start giving you attitude)- don't want your honey hole to dry up!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1157 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2015  5:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add skibdib to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ahh, this thread is great! This same thing happened to me 2.5 years ago. Keep mining the vein that you are on. I'mglad I could convince you to go out and get more, as another member convinced me to do when I was new here. The dump you are on is so big that it could be spread over 10 boxes. Mine was spread over at least 5 boxes, who knows how many of those boxes I did not get. and I never had a box with 250+, I maxed at 198.

Where I live, the same boxes will show up at different banks. Not different branches, but banks. I got some of my 5 boxes at Wells and some at TD. They must use the same distributor. You may be able to find the boxes with this stamp at other banks at this time.

This is also the time for chocolate. YOu want to walk in and ask if they have boxes with that # stamped on them. They will look at you very strange. This is when you produce some chocolate. The frowns instantly turned to smiles and they searched their vault for me and produced 2 more boxes with the stamp, both with enders :-)

At least, that is how it worked for me. Either way, you may never see wheats this good ever again. Take the extra time to try to mine all of these boxes.

Also my regret is that I did not write down the finds. It was too much excitement so it is lost to time. I only have fuzzy details. So document if you can! I should have also hit them up after their next shipments, not sure if I did that.

Also let us know if you find any key dates. Enjoy!
Edited by skibdib
03/05/2015 5:06 pm
Valued Member
292 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2015  6:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JoggingLiberty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, thank you for convincing me to mine the vein as you put it :) I'm trying my best and I'm running into a little static at the banks now but I'll do what I can. I'm excited to open the Indian Head roll first. It boggles my mind that an Indian Head has been on the end of a roll twice for me now...dunno how that's happening out of 50 coins.

I'm considering going back to the bank tomorrow with some chocolates for the tellers and also the Indian Head (in a protector) and explaining why I've been buying up these pennies. That'll be my strategy. I'm not as good looking as I used to be before I got married and lazy so I have to use chocolate :P

Anyway enough hesitation! I'm going to make some coffee and open some rolls...stay tuned! I'll have the video(s) up tonight hopefully.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1157 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2015  7:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add skibdib to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
maybe a text summary too :-) good luck!
Valued Member
292 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2015  8:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JoggingLiberty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok this is where I'm at:

95 wheats so far with 34 rolls left to search.

2 Indian Head cents found - 1907 & 1876!

I'm uploading this video and taking a short break...then more roll diving.
Pillar of the Community
United States
774 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2015  9:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grime5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
my best box was 392 wheats but only once.got 2 boxes this week and found 7- 1976-s proofs.i was happy with them. later greg
Valued Member
292 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2015  10:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JoggingLiberty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
392? That's awesome! Good to know others have experienced it.

Here's a video of the current box:
mRb_xgO3X_o
Valued Member
292 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2015  11:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JoggingLiberty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm done. Third box yields: 225 wheats. 3 Indian Heads. Several 60's that have really nice luster to them.

Rough count for 3 boxes in 3 days = 589 wheats and 5 Indian Head cents.

Pillar of the Community
United States
846 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2015  12:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver Eagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome finds I would buy as many boxes as I could get my hands on! Good luck
Valued Member
United States
330 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2015  06:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Danhelmick98 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds!
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 36 / Views: 4,067Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.77 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05