Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Super Box That Had 250+ Wheats And 2 Indian Heads!

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
292 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2015  2:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JoggingLiberty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I think my luck has run dry but it was a good run! I went back today and opened a few rolls to find nothing but the regular stuff I'm used to seeing...no big deal...I think I'll go back to half dollars for a while.

FYI It was Bank of America and the only numbers on the boxes were: 5601. It seems to be printed on all the boxes even the duds.

Happy hunting.
Pillar of the Community
United States
509 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2015  3:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CLS12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just put all my empty boxes in recycling on Monday... Would have been interested to see if it's universal coding. Anyone got some BOA boxes laying around?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1157 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2015  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add skibdib to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yes, 5601 could be duds, or it could be more continuation boxes. A good run you had. The 1876 indian is a pretty good date and yours is in pretty good shape. Well done!
Valued Member
292 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2019  12:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JoggingLiberty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
589 Wheats and 5 Indian heads in those boxes...
looking back it seems like a dream lol

Since then, I've gotten on average about 4 wheats in each box I've purchased..never again got an Indian Head in a box since. At least I took a video of when it did happen!

Sorry...memories...I'm done now
Valued Member
United States
272 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2019  09:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddyknuckles to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Almost seems like beginners luck is a real force in nature and maybe any coin collector should atleast search cents once. I started hunting cents for lack of funds for the bigger denominations. My best that had me hitting every branch bank possible came in 2 boxes...my first two boxes but I found 4 with the same serial number. Came out as 67 wheats they are scattered about my collection now and this all happened before I became a member here, but I figured I would reunite the vdb twins for a picture for your viewing pleasure. Sorry about my "2cents" not being cropped perfectly tried for over an hour 20-30 different pictures subjects just not cooperating. Never prayed so hard for an s in my life #129303;. Have found other small collection dumps and a decent 1931d as well. Persistence pays off if they dont have boxes ask If they possibly have $50 bank bags.

Learn More...
United States
84130 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2019  2:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Sorry...memories...I'm done now
At least you necro-bumped your own topic.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05