Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post A Crown!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13
Pillar of the Community
United States
7685 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2015  3:42 pm  Show Profile   Check oih82w8's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add oih82w8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did someone say "crowns"?

oih82w8 = "Oh I Hate To Wait"
"I tell her coins keep me off the streets and out of the bars." Moe145
"WOO-SAA...WOo-SAa...Woo-Saa" (calm down)
"An individual who vacillates when there is need of action will find themself beyond the hope of future success."

My Virtual 7070 https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/ty...album/142105
Edited by oih82w8
09/20/2015 3:44 pm
Valued Member
United States
208 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2015  5:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Badger Mint to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Sloppy Puppy! Slobbering Dog! Gomer the Wolfhound. 32nd CRD 84-86
Namibia
38 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2018  02:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Namnumis to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Modern day crown size 5 Rand

Learn More...
United States
73436 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2018  08:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice!

This is an older dormant topic. We have a more recent and active crown topic here...

http://goccf.com/t/297914

Please add your lovely photo to it!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16963 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2018  2:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Learn More...
United States
73436 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8917 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2018  7:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2002 Canada.
50 cents.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8917 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2018  09:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1861 New Brunswick.
One cent.

Pillar of the Community
United States
3844 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2018  5:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful cent Dorado
Everyday is a great day. Semper Fi.
ANA number: 3178122
NTCA number:10118
My Wants List: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5391 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2018  10:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess this is the thread for common/ordinary crown-sized coins, whereas the other thread in the "World Coins and Commemoratives" subforum is only for gems and rarities?

France -- 5 francs, 1868:

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5391 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2018  10:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1861 New Brunswick.
One cent.

Is this the thread for pictures of crowns, too?

Maybe we should have a thread for coins showing crowns, coats of arms, shields, mantles, and other heraldic designs?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8917 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2018  02:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So, there are a few definitions for what a "crown" is. Properly, it's a large silver British pre-decimal coin worth 5 shillings, or 1/4 of a pound. However, since decimalization, these have been made with a value of 25 pence (later increased to 5 pounds). And some people apply this definition to any large silver coin (such as silver dollars or silver pesos or silver 5-franc coins). To make things more confusing, some crowns aren't even made of silver, such as the British 1951 crown made of copper-nickel, and numerous copper-nickel coins from 1960s Africa. Still, everyone loves large coins, so I thought I would make a thread for showing them off in.

So... post a large-sized coin, silver or copper-nickel! The only rule here is that it must be large, it must be heavy, and it must be made out of gray metal; use your own best judgment.

I'll start with three of my recent additions:

Quote:
Is this the thread for pictures of crowns, too?

Maybe we should have a thread for coins showing crowns, coats of arms, shields, mantles, and other heraldic designs?

No , You are right...Iam sorry.

Now is the right time for you to start the new thread !

Did you see the jbuck recommendation :

Quote:
This is an older dormant topic. We have a more recent and active crown topic here...

http://goccf.com/t/297914

Please add your lovely photo to it!

Edited by Dorado
11/30/2018 02:15 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5391 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2018  08:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Did you see the jbuck recommendation :

That recommendation was made last April. In more recent months, it looks like the other crown thread has evolved into a high-end thread, mostly for old/rare coins costing thousands of dollars. I did recently post a Mexican peso there, but I think this thread in the Main Coin Forum is more appropriate for more routine coins (including US dollars). I'd hate to pollute that other thread with typical, everyday crowns.

I guess we should leave it up to the CCF staff -- should we lock this thread and just dump all our random/modern crowns in the other thread?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5391 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2018  09:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Now is the right time for you to start the new thread !

I guess this new trehad should go in the main coin forum, since it would allow coins from the modern and medieval/ancient period, and
coins from the US, Canada, Australia, Great Britain, and the rest of the world?
Learn More...
United States
73436 Posts
Page: of 13  Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.15 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05