Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What I Find Dies Any Cheque Collectors

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1041 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2015  03:47 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add shanew to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
hi guys its penny related these are dies for stamp duty for embossing cheques so if I can find the date of cheques I can date the dies and the amounts well I have found 15 different nsw stamp duty dies .... I have matched 1 so fare ..... would any one have any cheques s with nsw stamp duty marks so I can date and match the dies to the years so any help would be great any matches world be a help and thanks more of my weird items or if anyone has a book on these marks I have a new mission to match all

Pillar of the Community
Canada
4190 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2015  07:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chequer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those are cool. I am a cheque collector (hence the name), but almost exclusively Canadian. I'll check, but don't believe I have Australian items. Nice find.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1041 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2015  08:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shanew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks chequer
Valued Member
United States
377 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2017  5:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These are quite fascinating! I've never seen anything quite like them. You may have already found information regarding them, as this topic is now a couple years old. I would suggest, since revenues are more philatelic in nature, that you repost something about this on the Stamp Community Family site: https://www.stampcommunity.org/foru...?FORUM_ID=29
Edited by GregAlex
12/13/2017 5:13 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1274 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2017  3:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add techwriter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for posting; I had no idea about those; I've seen the embossing on some checks and now I know.
Oh, I'll not ask how you came to own them.
Edited by techwriter
12/14/2017 4:00 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.51 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05