Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is This A 1922 No D Lincoln Cent On Ebay? Probably Not.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 806Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
7296 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2015  6:44 pm Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm not sure what this is, but it's not a 1922 No D Lincoln cent. The L in Liberty is away from the rim, and the motto is wrong. My guess is an altered 1922 D. I sent the seller a message and reported it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lincoln-Cen...em1c55c482e6
Edited by edweather
07/08/2015 6:52 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51373 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2015  6:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On first glance, I am skeptical. The only possibility is Die Pair #1, which should have a weak second "2", which this does not.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7296 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2015  7:09 pm  Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I checked his feedback, and he sold a fake one already for $400 and got good feedback . Typical scammer...sold a bunch of cheap items to build feedback, then lowers the boom.
Valued Member
United States
381 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2015  7:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coin_kid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bad out of focus pictures, bad history, yep, I'm gonna guess it's a fake.
Pillar of the Community
United States
944 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2015  05:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jdiablo30 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
He listed the no D again. I already reported him. Seems like he listed the auction again after he took it down the first time around.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1385 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2015  08:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jpsned to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like it was manufactured in a kiln.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7296 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2015  10:02 am  Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
......or baked in a kiln to cover where he removed the D.

Here's a link to the new listing

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lincoln-Cen...2&rmvSB=true
Edited by edweather
07/09/2015 10:15 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 806Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.17 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05