Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Attention Aol Email Users

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 2,517Next Topic  
Forum Dad
United States
21381 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2015  8:01 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Once again, you will not be getting emails from the forum software for a while. They're all bouncing. Apparently you're not smart enough to determine what is spam and what isn't.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2620 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2015  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Parklane64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What's AOL?

OK, OK, just a joke.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3534 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2015  9:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Americans Off Line, obviously...
-----Burton
47 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC, OnLinw Coin Club
Owned by four cats and a wife of 37 years (joined 1983)
Rest in Peace
United States
1729 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2015  9:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pls to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AOL is also bouncing posts to me from a radio club listserv. I can post, but I can never see what I post unless someone reposts what I've posted. And yet my spam mail appears regularly in my "spam" folder. This is definitely an AOL-created problem, as other AOL users on the listserv have reported the same thing.
Forum Dad
United States
21381 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2015  9:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AOL has been doing this for at least 10 years. They take some emails and just vaporize them completely. Most AOL users don't believe me, they SWEAR they get all their emails and there's no problem. Sorry, not so.

I stopped jumping through hoops years ago to try and make emails work with them. I refuse to do it. They are the worst email on the planet, bar none.

I left this topic public from 2006 and reference it to discourage people from using an AOL email to register....

https://www.coincommunity.com/forum...OPIC_ID=9539

But I deal with this ALL the time.

When pending members here hit about 14 days without verifying their email, I delete them. It' not uncommon to go 6 months without deleting one that's NOT an AOL email.
Rest in Peace
United States
1729 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2015  12:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pls to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bobby, I've regularly received responses from those I've PM'ed from here. And vice-versa. All the PM's go into my AOL mail, so there may be some selective bans going on with AOL. I've been with AOL for over 20 years now and am not changing. The experience hasn't been perfect, for sure - the spam hacks were particularly annoying - but my AOL experience has been far better that several other e-mail experiences that I've been forced to use because of ISP changes.

On the other hand, I'd agree that once you're on their "bad" list, you're not going to get off. The admin of the listserv I mentioned above has found that out.
Forum Dad
United States
21381 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2015  1:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We never got on a "bad" list. This started the day the forum did in 2005.
United States
0 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2015  09:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KCJunior to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You think AOL Services are bad now? Just wait until AOL sends their "US Based" Tech services to the Philippines in February
Forum Dad
United States
21381 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2017  09:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They're at it again. Judging from the 96 failures I woke up to this morning I'd say none of you are getting emails. I guess I should consider us lucky, at least they sent bounce notices.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3534 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2017  12:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bobby-

Also be aware that Verizon is shutting down their email service. All @Verizon.net customers are getting shifted over to @aol.com (my mother is SOME peeved).
-----Burton
Forum Dad
United States
21381 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2017  1:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We've got hundreds of members with verizon.net emails.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3534 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2017  3:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah... https://help.aol.com/articles/veriz...aol-mail-faq and https://help.aol.com/products/aol-mail-verizon.

It SOUNDS like the @Verizon.net address will remain IF you take the necessary steps, but the backend will be provided by AOL. However the email messages my parents have received sure make it sound like you'll have a new @aol.com account (too?)

Certainly, with the backend provided by AOL, whatever problems CCF is having with AOL will likely affect Verizon.net customers too...
-----Burton
Forum Dad
United States
21381 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2018  3:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AOL emails bouncing again.
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 2,517Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.35 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05