Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Mailing A Coin In Envelope

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
305 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2015  12:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinguy1986 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As a lot of others have mentioned , Ive done this several times without problem and out of close to a hundred I've had only one not make it , or that's what the buyer said anyways ...
By doing just as other mentioned and simply tape the 2x2 inbetween a piece of cardboard that I cut and make into a birthday card type shape ....
I usually fold a small piece of paper around the cardboard 2x2 before taping it to my cardboard that way when the tape is removed it doesn't rip or leave residue on the actual 2x2 holding the coin ...

One thing I will suggest , is not to do this with a coin that is worth more than 10 bucks ...
I only do this with lower value coins , as it's tough to sell a coin that's worth less than 10 bucks if you have to charge almost 3 in shipping ...
I've never sent anything larger than a quarter this way , I have actually sent 2 quarters , or 3 dimes in the same envelope several times that have made it without a problem ...
I do however use a 71 cent 2 ounce stamp rather than a 49 cent stamp even though most of these envelopes weigh less than an ounce this was a suggestion from my local postal worker ...
Valued Member
United States
345 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2015  8:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jdbarrick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent, thank you everyone.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4871 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2015  10:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHuntingDrew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I make sure to tape the whole letter BUT the area where they stamp it and where you put the stamps. I usually double tape it and the buyer has always received the coin without any issue. It just prevents the letter from ripping.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1132 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2015  10:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CopperCastle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I stapled a coin in a 2x2 and taped that to the inside of a Christmas card (which I sent to Canada). The recipient posted he received the coin here on CCF.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16272 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2015  11:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When using a paper envelope I always tape the edges to prevent it from ripping.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.51 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05