Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Specializing in Modern Numismatics Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Lincoln Cents - Several Questions And Pictures

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 2,175Next Topic  
New Member

United States
2 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2015  8:27 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add clerkinj to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
Hi everyone!

I have been CRH'ing for the last two months or so, and am learning quite a bit about cents. I have gone through about 35,000 coins and have found an IHP, quite a few LWC, some beautiful BU coins, and some coins that I have questions about.

#1 - 1909 LWC - Does this Cud (die chip? still learning the lingo) make this coin any more valuable? See lower right quadrant of reverse.
Lincoln-Cents---Several-Questions-And-Pictures

#2 2000 WAM? Please help me confirm this is a WAM. I believe it to be, but have never ID'ed one!
Lincoln-Cents---Several-Questions-And-Pictures

#3 1957D LWC Cud? Die Chip? On the "9" of 1959. Does this make this coin any more valuable?
Lincoln-Cents---Several-Questions-And-Pictures

#4 No date LWC - Is the PMD? Or is it possible that there are LWC without dates? I can't make any notice of a date that is worn off. However, it does look discolored in the area where the date would be.
Lincoln-Cents---Several-Questions-And-Pictures

#5 1997 LMC - Upper right quadrant of obverse. Is this an error from the mint? Does it make this coin have any more value than 1 cent? It is slightly lower than the rest of the coin.
Lincoln-Cents---Several-Questions-And-Pictures


I appreciate any and all help! I can't wait to share more of my finds, and learn more as I keep diving into this amazing hobby.

Thanks,
Jason
Edited by clerkinj
12/10/2015 8:31 pm
Pillar of the Community
tapapple65's Avatar
United States
538 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2015  9:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tapapple65 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to a really great coin forum. I will tell what I can about your coins. 1 appears to be a post mint gouge of some sort. 2 is a really nice WAM. 3 is a very common die chip on late 50's wheat cents due to over used dies. 4 is a mystery to me because if it is a strike through I have never seen one effect only the date.5 not sure about this one either. Could be a plating issue or maybe a strike through with debris. There will be others comment with allot more knowledge than me. If I may suggest, in the future do one coin per post.
Pillar of the Community
cwb's Avatar
United States
3463 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2015  9:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cwb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

First photo of the 1909 has damage on the reverse. The 2000 is a Wide AM. The 1957-D is a die chip, not real valuable but some peole collect them. The no date cent is most likely due to a Grease Filled Die error. I'm not sure what is going on with the 1997, possibly a struck through error.
Edited by cwb
12/10/2015 9:46 pm
Pillar of the Community
chequer's Avatar
Canada
4227 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2015  9:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chequer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with those assessments and add that you're off to a great start.

New Member
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2015  8:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add clerkinj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for the welcome, and for the information on the coins.

tapapple65 - I will do one coin per post from now on. Thanks for the direction.

Jason
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 2,175Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Forums