Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Highest graded coin by ICCS

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2949 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2016  09:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just wait til it costs you your account.......then it's really foolish. If you rely on online sales for your living as we do it is tracked or it does not get listed. Sure you don't sell many low cost items in Canada that way but you stay in business.
Nothing personal towards you or anyone else.
Learn More...
Canada
8155 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2016  11:26 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For many of us, however, this is still a hobby, and we don't rely on online sales as our means to earn a living... I sell quite a lot of lower priced items (<$40), and so far, zero issues with using letter mail for shipping.
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2332 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2016  11:46 am  Show Profile   Check kuh_85's eBay Listings Check kuh_85's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add kuh_85 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We got the odd 'item not received' case on lower priced items sent by lettermail. Just refund, block, leave an 'Item not received. Refund issued.' feedback comment to warn other sellers who bother to check, and move on. No risk to our account. We charge an extra dollar or two on the shipping depending on the item value and self-insure to cover it.

Paypal's seller protection is paper-thin anyway. Even with tracking. We recently had a case where the items were shipped with tracking confirming delivery. Buyer opened a credit card charge-back claiming the purchase wasn't authorized. Eventually PayPal closed the case as expected saying we were compliant with the requirements for seller protection. But then, a couple of weeks later, they reopened the case with no notice saying that the credit card issuer refused to accept the provided evidence and we needed to provide 'additional evidence' to 'help them fight this claim on our behalf' and re-removed the funds from our account. No email notification of any of this. My wife just happened to stumble across the Resolution Centre entry for these additional actions.

On a separate note, there are many collectors out there who can't afford to pay for expensive items and tracked shipping. Why would we want to bemoan the current state of coin collecting in Canada and yet withhold support from collectors who just happen to fail to meet our profit requirements at the moment? That seems kind of 'foolish' to me!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
872 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2016  12:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Paypal's seller protection is paper-thin anyway.

After meeting all of paypal req's and they still refuse to cover you, try writing a report to the BBB. Did this last year, after a shady buyer confirmed receipt via feedback (not tracked), then opened a case with Paypal (left conflicting received/not received responses), buyer had recently filed several claims. Argued with them over several calls, always denied coverage.

Long story short, wrote into the BBB, took about 6 weeks to get response from Paypal, they then refunded the amount they took out of my account.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2949 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2016  1:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Never ever had a PayPal problem. As long as you follow their rules it works just fine.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2332 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2016  1:33 pm  Show Profile   Check kuh_85's eBay Listings Check kuh_85's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add kuh_85 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
As long as you follow their rules it works just fine.

Your reading comprehension of my previous post seems to be somewhat lacking again....
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2949 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2016  1:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My comment on PayPal had nothing to do with you. Say it again Never had a problem with PayPal .
Edited by Pacificoin
07/22/2016 1:45 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2839 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2016  2:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wildflowerAB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

On a separate note, there are many collectors out there who can't afford to pay for expensive items and tracked shipping. Why would we want to bemoan the current state of coin collecting in Canada and yet withhold support from collectors who just happen to fail to meet our profit requirements at the moment? That seems kind of 'foolish' to me!

Excellent point. As an eBay buyer I refuse to patronize EeBay sellers with steep shipping charges regardless of how the item is shipped, especially for orders less than $50. Thankfully there are still many reliable Canadian sellers who do have faith in the average collector whether they be new to the hobby or just picking up odds and ends over time to complete a series. It's the responsibility of the seller to manage their profit margins to account for a percentage of business losses, no different than a storefront and shoplifting, theft, etc. Penalizing all eBay buyers for the small percentage who are dishonest is harmful to the hobby, for the very reason that you've aptly stated.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
5471 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2018  08:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To bring this topic back on point, I saw this on the coinsandcanada site.
Maybe ICCS have created a new grade. This is at least two now.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4144 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2018  09:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One can conclude there will be a MS 99 out there, somewhere
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.81 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05