Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsJoin Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Specializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Strange Serial Number Or Don't Know What I Am Looking For?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 1,472Next Topic  
New Member

United States
2 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2016  12:25 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add matts0127 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I came across this site in a search for a Canadian bill value so I thought it would be worth seeing if I could get some help here. I used to be big into collecting currency as a child and recently found my old collection and I was going through some of the bills and I came across a 1973 Canadian dollar bill but I cannot find any guide or reference to the prefix on the serial number nor any others with the same prefix. Maybe its a special one or maybe I am not used to Canadian numbers but the prefix is 3 letters (BAC) the entire number is BAC3569606 and it is in absolutely perfect condition. Any help with valuing this is appreciated. I don't care if it is worth 1$ or a million dollars, curiosity has me now more then anything.

Thank you all for your help.
Valued Member
lucv13's Avatar
Canada
413 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2016  12:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lucv13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply


It's a Crow-Bouey note it is one of 1,147,680,000 notes printed worth $2 UNC

Source - Canadian Gov't Paper Money 26th edition
Edited by lucv13
07/21/2016 12:56 am
New Member
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2016  01:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matts0127 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you I appreciate the help. For some reason I couldn't find anything online. I'm happy I know what it is and is worth now. Thank you again :D
Moderator
Learn More...
John1's Avatar
United States
56855 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2016  05:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
matts0127,
Is this any help? http://coinsandcanada.com/banknotes...7&id_denom=2
John1
Edited by John1
07/21/2016 05:28 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 1,472Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Forums