Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

ICCS Graded 1914 10-cent - Your Thoughts?

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15
Pillar of the Community

Canada
1439 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2016  11:23 am Show Profile   Check TheCoinHunter's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add TheCoinHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
*** STAFF EDIT: Given the nature of this thread, it is certainly beyond a grading issue - it has been moved by Staff to the main Canadian forum, and title updated to reflect the nature of this thread ***

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
7450 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2016  11:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU50
Nice reverse.
Are those gouges on the coin or holder?
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1439 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2016  11:44 am  Show Profile   Check TheCoinHunter's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TheCoinHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some (two on neck vertical, two in front of effigy horizontal pointing down and one below ear, otherwise holder.) but not nearly as visible in hand as the picture presents. Only visible on slight tilt.
Edited by TheCoinHunter
10/16/2016 11:48 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1162 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2016  11:49 am  Show Profile   Check Pokermandude's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pokermandude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unc60. Possibly with a "marks" comment.

Small Edwardian silver coins are often weakly struck.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2187 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2016  11:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Paulsz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm seeing the wrong obverse? A 1914 coin should have George V on it, not Edward VII.
If you have any of the following Canadian coins for sale, message me:
1. 1937 Mirror specimen coins.
2. 1908 or 1911 specimen coins, in any specimen grade.
3. Any George VI specimen coins
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2184 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2016  11:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add doubleeagle59 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Me thinks something is askew?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1439 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2016  12:03 pm  Show Profile   Check TheCoinHunter's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TheCoinHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ahhhhhhh....Well that was quick...Paulsz the first to notice...Oh it is the same coin AND in an ICCS holder....And it went unnoticed until it was pointed out to me a couple of days ago....I'm sure this will spark some conversation.

Edited by TheCoinHunter
10/16/2016 12:04 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2187 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2016  12:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Paulsz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WHATTT! that's so cool :) I hope it's real but I don't know how a die like that could be mistaken 4 years after they changed obverses
If you have any of the following Canadian coins for sale, message me:
1. 1937 Mirror specimen coins.
2. 1908 or 1911 specimen coins, in any specimen grade.
3. Any George VI specimen coins
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2184 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2016  12:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add doubleeagle59 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So let me get this straight.

Obverse = King Edward.

Reverse = 1914 Canada 10 cents.

ICCS graded.

OK, well, I would guess a counterfeit or a very valuable coin.

I'm leaning toward a counterfeit.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1439 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2016  12:08 pm  Show Profile   Check TheCoinHunter's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TheCoinHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it was to be a fake, It would be the best I have ever seen...And worried....
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2184 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2016  12:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add doubleeagle59 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Seems like another strike against ICCS.

Oh my!!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1439 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2016  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Check TheCoinHunter's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TheCoinHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Feel free to pick either side of the coin apart and point out areas of concern beyond the obvious...
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2184 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2016  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add doubleeagle59 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Look at the reverse letters and date numerals.

Look closely at the 'C' of cents and canada.

Notice the difference?

Wide spacing in the two genuine ones and very close spacing in the OP's KingEdward/1914 coin.

'10' looks noticeably 'fat' in the OP's coin too.

Edited by doubleeagle59
10/16/2016 12:25 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
7450 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2016  12:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Unbelievable!
Please post a pic in against a mirror so we can see both sides at once.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1439 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2016  12:38 pm  Show Profile   Check TheCoinHunter's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TheCoinHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some better lighting. Looking this photo I'm not sure I subscribe to the narrow C theory. Especially when compared to the second pic. The 0 does look fatter but it also looks like wear or grease. Chances of this being anything BUT a counterfeit is slim but there is an obvious concern with quality or making mules for that matter. Maybe Mike can chime in with any other known examples.
Edited by TheCoinHunter
10/16/2016 12:58 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1162 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2016  12:58 pm  Show Profile   Check Pokermandude's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pokermandude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Whoa, I didn't even notice the date. Hadn't had my coffee yet.

Sandwich coin maybe?

You're 100% sure the photos are correct for each side of the same coin?
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.12 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05