Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Anything to get excited about?  

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2017  11:52 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add BiggDaddE to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Found this in my grandfathers collection. I know its not really considered a key date or anything, but I thought I would toss out some eye candy for you all. Let me know if you think it has much value above and beyond.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2122 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2017  11:53 pm  Show Profile   Check coinlover1899's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add coinlover1899 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All I know is that it is a beautiful set!
My name is Devin, and I have been collecting now for around 2 years. I love early American coppers. I set up at coin shows and sell on eBay with my dad (I own most of the coins we sell, and he owns most of the currency), and most of all... I have fun!

Visit my eBay store, I have lots of BINS and auction style listings:
http://stores.ebay.com/In-God-We-Tr...and-Currency
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2471 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  12:03 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Always nice to look at and going for about $20 on eBay so more than 20x face. I would keep it, especially having the Treasury envelope and insert.
"When you make the finding yourself - even if you're the last person on Earth to see the light - you'll never forget it."
-Carl Sagan
Pillar of the Community
United States
1653 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  12:08 am  Show Profile   Check coin197's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add coin197 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Worth $22.
ANA Member since 12/2015
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19336 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  06:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Two reasons to get excited. It was your grandfathers and it is my birth year . Check it for errors/varieties but label it as coming from your gpa and put it away for safe keeping.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6036 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  08:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice silver proof set . Probably your grandfather bought it directly from the mint for $2.10 . keep passing it down through generations .
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Learn More...
United States
44095 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
7351 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  1:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The sets pre-1965 are always nice since they do have silver. I'd save that set exactly as it is.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14767 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2017  4:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
January 1,1965 - "The Day The Coins Died"
"It's amazing the things people would rather have than money."

Edited by Coinfrog
01/13/2017 4:41 pm
Learn More...
United States
44095 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2017  5:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey! The Ikes came six years later.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3036 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2017  5:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Debrajc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
BiggDadd and that is a very nice set!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12719 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2017  6:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
January 1,1965 - "The Day The Coins Died"

The law authorizing the clad coinage wasn't passed until May of 1965.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6118 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2017  8:26 pm  Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm feeling old. As a kid, bought one of those when they were brand new at the local coin shop.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2389 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2017  04:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Parklane64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hey! The Ikes came six years later.

Brings a tear to yer eye, don't it?

ETA:

BiggDaddE
I would also collect chocolate coins, except for that one problem.

ANA # 3189614
Edited by Parklane64
01/14/2017 04:22 am
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
183 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2017  08:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smoke1439 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Two reasons to get excited. It was your grandfathers and it is my birth year . Check it for errors/varieties but label it as coming from your gpa and put it away for safe keeping.

My birth year as well. I have everything of my grand dads. Times would have to get really bad before I turned loose of a single item. Nice set, keep it!

Valued Member
United States
271 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2017  5:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hozer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice set to keep and put away.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.57 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05