Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Any Keepers In This Lot?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 987Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
211 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2017  6:40 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add josephrg to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ancient-Gre...refresh=true I think I see a silver Alexander but not sure also some other interesting coins but the photos aren't great.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5598 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2017  6:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like it's sold. Did you get it? There may be a Pontos bronze with aegis with gorgon - but it's hard to tell for sure given the fuzziness of the pics.
Pillar of the Community
United States
580 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2017  7:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dwayne8625 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It does look a bit fuzzy, but the Alexander Drachm and Nevrva denarius are a little unsettling for me.
Learn More...
United States
23455 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2017  8:08 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't really make out too much, but for $33 you really can't go wrong.
Valued Member
United States
211 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2017  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add josephrg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I did win it .Will post better photos when I get the coins. Liked the coin in the plastic flip so put a low bid and won.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6039 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2017  9:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not as low as mine

I was in the lead 5 seconds before it jumped by $5. Be sure to post when it comes!
My Collections:
Roman Imperial
http://goccf.com/t/348979
Japan Type set Tokugawa + Modern
http://goccf.com/t/348999
Indo Sassanian
http://goccf.com/t/322087
Valued Member
United States
211 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2017  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add josephrg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will sorry I used to like when eBay showed who you were bidding against.
Pillar of the Community
Spain
629 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2017  06:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Athalbert to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think that there are some fakes in that lot...
I donīt like the dracmh and the maximinus follis...
Valued Member
United States
211 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2017  09:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add josephrg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is a good chance the 3 best coins in the lot are fake. When the seller says they no nothing about ancient coins it is a bad sign. I took a chance anyway, seemed like a honest seller. But I have got my best deals buying lots like these and finding out the coins are authentic .I know most of the coins are real so still a fair deal.
Pillar of the Community
Spain
629 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2017  12:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Athalbert to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
good luck then!
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 987Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05