Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1931 Dime With Heavy Cameo

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
Canada
93 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2017  8:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add inconnu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder why ICCS did not note the heavy cameo ?
Valued Member
Canada
199 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2017  09:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rockfish to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fabulous coin. I'm jealous. Is that why you busted it out of the ICCS flip, to get the HC designation?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
660 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2019  3:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I bought this coin recently (thanks Cobalt/XWL Coins!) and took a gamble resubmitting it ICCS.

Looks like it paid off!

Edited by johnnysprawl
05/09/2019 3:37 pm
Valued Member
Canada
93 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2019  10:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add inconnu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice, finally. Third time lucky although I'm dismayed that both companies blew the call badly.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1499 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2019  05:56 am  Show Profile   Check nickelsguy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nickelsguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see wear on beard, ear, tip of mustache and eyebrow. AU55 seems correct to me. Wear is wear.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
992 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2019  9:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I see wear on beard, ear, tip of mustache and eyebrow. AU55 seems correct to me. Wear is wear.

I've always subscribed to this too. If evidence of wear (no matter how minor) is not the determining factor between circulated and unc, what is?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40489 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2019  9:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Canadian grading services are almost 30 years out of date with primitive soft holders and inconsistent opinions. Why anyone would submit a coin of true value to them is beyond me.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3054 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2019  10:10 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Totally with Nicklesguy.
While the piece is an early strike( thus the HEAVY CAMEO ) ,
There is obvious wear on the high points and hairline scratches and scuffs.
At best a 55 . The coin is not new.
One other thing , Cameo to Heavy Cameos are not that scarce on Ten Cents of
the 1930s both George V and VI. An exception seems to be 1932 .

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1176 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  12:17 pm  Show Profile   Check Pokermandude's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pokermandude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think MS-60 HC is just right.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1357 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  1:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jmkendall to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With Cameo surfaces you have to understand that friction wear can mimic circulation wear, to a degree. Friction wear is coin to coin rubbing in the bag, in the chute, on the conveyor belt, ect; while still in the mint or on the way to the bank.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1189 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  4:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hadleydog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My first thought when looking at this piece was AU-55. In my books, wear is wear, and this coin exhibits obvious signs of wear as has been pointed out.
Coinfrog is right regarding our grading services up here in the great white North. Embarrassing, actually.
Valued Member
Canada
103 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2019  05:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CalmBud to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
high grade!
Valued Member
Canada
129 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2019  11:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sergiomomesso to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
very nice cameo! from this era it is pretty rare
Pillar of the Community
United States
586 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2019  9:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add garys64wildcat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin. I would be proud to have it in my type set
Pillar of the Community
Canada
985 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2019  11:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice looking coin! Love the cameo, whether it is 55 or 60, nice piece.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05