Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Are The Most Ugly Classic Coins For Collectors?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 61 / Views: 5,438Next Topic
Page: of 5
Pillar of the Community
United States
1518 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2017  1:57 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Andrew99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
1792 Disme. Seriously? What kind of dog posed for that?

Peace dollar. The design is in such low relief and lacking any artistic flair.

1793 Chain cent. Lady Liberty looks scary, like something out of a Halloween ad.
The collection is in your mind. Dispose of your albums and free your mind from the tyranny of holes.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15188 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2017  2:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 3-cent Nickel , ugly as sin .
And I agree with the Peace dollar , It's like they were weakly struck especially the reverse's .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Pillar of the Community
United States
992 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2017  2:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add llewellin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2658 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2017  2:42 pm  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Peace dollar is my least favorite classic dollar.
United States
31 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2017  2:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JBNickels to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I always disliked the Peace dollars, Three Cent pieces, I like barbers but still waiting to find out who the real man is that posed for that!
Pillar of the Community
United States
9672 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2017  3:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Barber dime, quarter & half dollar obverse and yes, it sure looks like a man.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1499 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2017  3:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add billjones to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have never liked the Nickel Three Cent Piece. I thought that the design was boring, and the metal had a cheap feel to it, when you could handle them before slabs.

To me some of the ugliest coins are also the rarest and most expensive - the $2.50 and $5.00 gold pieces from the 1820s until August 1834 when the Classic head coins replaced them.

Capped Bust quarter eagle ... low relief, tough looking, unattractive looking old woman.

And ugliest of all ... the 1829 to 1834 "Close collar" (struck in a collar) Capped Bust $5 gold. This type is rare and expensive.

For me the Peace dollar is okay if it has at least a half way decent strike.
Valued Member
United States
343 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2017  3:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SpaceMaNy0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have the feeling the Barber hate will show big time here. I like all the classics. I wish our coins could look cool again.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1499 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2017  3:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add billjones to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I find the Barber dime, quarter and half dollar to be blah, not ugly. If they have some nice toning in Unc. or Proof, they can pleasing to the eye, but the design is uninspiring.
Pillar of the Community
7234 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2017  3:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1793 Wreath Reverse one cent - she looks like she should be one of the possessed demons in the Evil Dead Movies

Edited by Mark1959
01/31/2017 4:01 pm
Learn More...
United States
99185 Posts
Valued Member
United States
343 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2017  4:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SpaceMaNy0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
She is kind of an Uggo.
Learn More...
United States
99185 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56761 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2017  4:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Booby Head and Silly Head cents of 1839 should be somewhere on the list!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1963 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2017  5:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coin197 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The booby head cent, the spiked chin cent, the chain cent, and the Peace dollar.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1518 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2017  5:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Andrew99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1793 Wreath Reverse one cent - she looks like she should be one of the possessed demons in the Evil Dead Movies

LOL, I thought the Chain cent was even worse.
The collection is in your mind. Dispose of your albums and free your mind from the tyranny of holes.
Page: of 5 Previous TopicReplies: 61 / Views: 5,438Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05