Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1961 nickel, is this raised dot in window a variety?  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

Australia
67 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2017  10:28 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add aussie1984 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi just another 1 of my nickels from bank roll I am posting to find out what this is called?, some sort of variety?
I have about 6 in very high grade with same dot on window
Very confused as to what this is so I'll leave it to someone who hopefully knows

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3052 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2017  10:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it's a raised dot then just a die chip
You should always collect within your income, even if you have to borrow to do so.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1800 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2017  11:06 pm  Show Profile   Check coin197's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add coin197 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ANA Member since 12/2015
Valued Member
Australia
67 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2017  11:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add aussie1984 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok thankyou,
So a die chip can be on multiple coins in same shape and same location?
I am just wanting to learn a lot about all these sorts of things
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3052 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2017  11:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So a die chip can be on multiple coins in same shape and same location?

Absolutely - if you get consecutive coins that were minted off that die before they changed it!
You should always collect within your income, even if you have to borrow to do so.

Valued Member
Australia
67 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  12:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add aussie1984 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome thanks for the info
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1890 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  12:29 am  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Die Chip.
Errors And Varietys.
Valued Member
United States
371 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  08:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Redifin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jefferson's ghost.
DD's...on the hunt: 95, 92, 83, 72, 71, 70, 69, 64, 59, 58, 55, 47, 42, 41, 39, 35, 34.

(Found since (August 2017) signature creation: 82 DDR)
Pillar of the Community
United States
9366 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  08:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Single small die chips have little value. A passel of them with the same chip is pretty neat.
Valued Member
Australia
67 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  10:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add aussie1984 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I think is pretty neat having that many with the same.
And hahaha to "Jeffersons ghost" that's what I was thinking.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.51 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05