Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

One of the rarest German Euro coins out there (well two of them!)  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Germany
26 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  09:41 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add American Abroad to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Dear fellow collectors,

Sorry for the poor lighting conditions. At the end of the video you can see the coins better. If you want great pictures type in ''Drehende Sterne Euro'' and look at images to get an idea about what they look like so the next time when you are in Europe you also have a chance to find one!
I work at a currency exchange business and we process deposits for several companies. Mostly Euro Notes and Euro coins. I also get to search through foreign currency brought in by customers. I have to count the deposits between customers, but it makes it worth it when I find these type of coins. These two €1,- coins are both German 2002 coins that are error coins (in German Drehende Sterne) or turning/spinning stars. The error coin is easy to decipher because the stars are all radially turning. On a normal coin they are just all normal stars (straight up and down). Before the coins could be destroyed some of these rare varities made it into circulation. Many people have reported searching through several hundred thousand and not finding any of these rare error coins and some report maybe finding one. The rarity doesn't diminish my hope, just increases it because I have access to so many coins. The bidding price on eBay is about 450-500 Euros for one of these babies. I found two. Yippee. The story is that the mint created these not knowing that the stars did NOT match the EU flag. After this realization it was too late because some had already left the mint and made it into circulation. I might sell one someday.
s0AARodDD0U
Edited by American Abroad
08/11/2017 09:52 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1890 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2017  07:31 am  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, what an amazing story!
Errors And Varietys.
Pillar of the Community
Norway
1271 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2017  09:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add UltraRant to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So much for deutsche Gründlichkeit...

It's a nice story, really. Thanks for sharing! I never actually realized this, but I will keep my eyes open as I regularly get German Euro coins in my wallet.
Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05