Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Canada 2017 Proof $20 Dollar Coin - Better than the 1967 version?  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2073 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2017  10:44 pm Show Profile   Check canadian_coins's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add canadian_coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I cracked my 2017 proof set open and was able to get past the foggy lens... That allowed me to get really close to the coins. This is a close shot of the $20:

I never owned the real gold 1967 $20... How does it compare with the real thing?

Bedrock of the Community
Australia
12890 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2017  02:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I owned a 1967 $20 for about 5 years but I sold it a long time ago. Although it is quite a handsome coin in the hand, they made so many of them, that it was never worth much more than bullion value.
That is a pity, it deserved much better.
Perhaps if they had made only a few thousand of them, they would have been much more revered by collectors.

The RCM will make the same mistake again, if they make as many of the 2017 as they did of the 1967.

Besides, I like the Machin bust of 1967 much better.
Valued Member
Canada
284 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2017  09:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add aghawk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Keep hoping someday people will realize how many 67's have hit melt buckets over the years and maybe they will start having a bit more than bullion value.. . but perhaps I dream a bit too much.
Learn More...
Canada
7095 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2017  11:42 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Any photos of the obverse of the new coin?
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2073 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2017  4:39 pm  Show Profile   Check canadian_coins's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add canadian_coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Any photos of the obverse of the new coin?

Valued Member
Canada
249 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2017  5:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add McNickel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Besides, I like the Machin bust of 1967 much better.

That's the one they used on this set.
Valued Member
Canada
410 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2017  4:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alex A to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is one nice coin, congrats!

I'd really like to see the RCM do this in 1oz gold 5 9s.
Learn More...
Canada
7095 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2017  9:03 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ooh... really nice that they used the original effigy for this coin.
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
12890 Posts
 Posted Yesterday  02:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I missed the obverse image.
My computer did not get the image to screen, only a small square dot.
Edited by sel_69l
Yesterday 03:21 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2168 Posts
 Posted Yesterday  02:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If we are wanting to see what the images of the NEW $20 coin are like in the meantime, try
Google Images:
' Canada gold 2017 $20 coin'.

I am a bit puzzled. Why do we need to google images to see the new coin when there are pictures of it in this thread?
Edited by MoneyPenney
Yesterday 03:01 am
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.82 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05