Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

J&m Coin Theft In Toronto.

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5
Pillar of the Community

Canada
1431 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2017  2:30 pm Show Profile   Check TheCoinHunter's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add TheCoinHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Has anyone read this? Did this happen during the show?

http://canadiancoinnews.com/jm-offe...s-banknotes/
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7143 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2017  3:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tuesday at 1PM? Where was everybody at? What an odd time of the day for a robbery as the article is written like as nobody saw anything.
Completed the Dansco 8166 Album
(1964-2011) Kennedy half w/Proofs on Dec 3rd.

Completed the Dansco 8167 Album
(2012-Date) Kennedy half w/Proofs on Dec 18th.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1675 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2017  3:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is this another car burglary in a restaurant parking lot?
Remember, what the Dormouse said.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
2151 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2017  4:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is some list, thieves are watching shows.
This is terrible.
RCNA Member
APNA Member
CNCC Member
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2133 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2017  4:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add doubleeagle59 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The show isn't till Friday and Saturday (29th,30th), but obviously Joe (the Vancouver dealer) was in town early.

That's some list and it's only a partial list too.
Edited by doubleeagle59
09/28/2017 4:35 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1431 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2017  4:44 pm  Show Profile   Check TheCoinHunter's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TheCoinHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just don't see where in the Canadian market you could possible dispose of some of these coins without causing attention.
Edited by TheCoinHunter
09/28/2017 5:46 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
541 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2017  6:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Spread the word to be on the lookout for these coins. Hopefully they will get caught, and CCF may be able to help.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15719 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2017  6:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's sad to fear for some great coins and currency becoming "lost".
Pillar of the Community
Canada
530 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2017  7:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alex A to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Won't it be difficult to sell some of those coins? Certainly these cannot be auctioned.
Valued Member
Canada
198 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2017  8:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rockfish to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I doubt the thieves are so dense as to try to get the reward. How else would you have 75% of these coins if you didn't steal them? Better to offer less money for any information leading to a recovery I would think.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1082 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2017  9:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's terrible. I hope there are photos of the coins and serials documented. They could be forwarded to the auction houses & would be able to track any if they pop up in an online auction like eBay. Sooner or later an item will surface. Bloody horrible what people will do to others.
Learn More...
Canada
8214 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2017  11:51 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do hope Joe was not harmed at all during the incident...
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Valued Member
Canada
201 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2017  1:49 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisCat's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisCat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As Coin Hunter as mentioned, it will be nearly impossible to liquidate much of the stolen material without notice. The only silver lining here is that selling many of these pieces will cause immediate suspicion.
Numismatic cataloger, writer, and researcher.

Please take a moment to check out my new website: http://www.jacoblipsonrarecoins.com
Edited by NumisCat
09/29/2017 2:16 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
973 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2017  3:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hopefully Joe is fine. I suspect we won't be seeing those items resurface any time soon.
Canada
34 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2017  4:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Percy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Crazy.....Welcome to Southern Ontario....

Joe is about as fair as they get in the coin biz.I hope they lock the people up that did this.
Pillar of the Community
Norway
1358 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2017  5:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add UltraRant to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ouch, that's quite a list. I hope all will be recovered undamaged... I'm more or less afraid that a lot will end up at the melting pot if the thieve(s) find out how hard it will be to sell some of these...
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.97 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05