Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Trying to figure out if I have a variety cent or normal  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
7 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2017  7:25 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jokercut to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have a 1851 that looks to me like it has alot of the characteristics of one of the varieties , can anyone give me their opinion if I can upload a pic ?
Valued Member
United States
402 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2017  7:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBackPenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are many people her that will be able to help you out if you post a photo. What coin are you talking about?
Pillar of the Community
United States
9281 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2017  7:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We have honest experts in almost any field of Numismatic or exonumics that are always happy to help.

Post your question and your photos.
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2017  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jokercut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm trying to upload pic but having trouble
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2017  8:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jokercut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

United States
7 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2017  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jokercut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok finally got it , I was looking in cherry pickers book and it shows the lines left of star 4 ,the curl sits by curve of the 8 and it has the lines from the lowest curl to 13th star .Any opinions would be great .
Thanks, rob
Pillar of the Community
United States
1296 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2017  9:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RoyCoinBoy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You have a nice coin there. It would also be helpful to have another pic of the other side. (P.S: great picture!)
"When I'm old and grey, I want to be known amongst the neighborhood kids as that old guy who gives out full size candy bars on Halloween" - me, when for some reason I was thinking really deep.
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2017  09:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jokercut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
2043 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  10:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jerryc39 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like an N-1 to me. Listed at R-3 in Grellman as far as rarity factor.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
16718 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  4:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
"You can't fool all the people all the time - others would like a chance."

United States
7 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2017  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jokercut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Jerry , I'm a rookie .
Is it a pretty common variety ?
While I'm asking questions , is a 1948 d/s a common find ?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2043 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2017  11:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jerryc39 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
R-3 is not the most common varieties like r-1 and r-2. No real premium to value at that grade though. Once you get to R-5 or higher you would. Not familiar with your other coin.
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  10:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jokercut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

It might be my imagination but it looks like a s under or to the right of the D ?
I'll try and get a better pic , it shows up pretty good through a magnifying glass,but not so much through my phone.
Thank you for your help , it's cool you guys offer your knowledge to people ..
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05