Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Big Silver Coins Featured in COINS Magazine  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
1420 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2017  7:58 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add terry8835 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Take a look at "Coins" magazine this month. They feature a host of big silver coins for collectors. I don't work for this magazine but it has some good features at times.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
16783 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2017  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's basically a rag aimed at new collectors.
"You can't fool all the people all the time - others would like a chance."

Edited by Coinfrog
10/11/2017 8:13 pm
Learn More...
United States
46408 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  12:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting.

For what it is worth, I used to get Coins Magazine when I was much younger. I have probably not seen one since the early 1990s.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6510 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  1:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll pick up a copy once or twice a year when I have nothing going on .
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Pillar of the Community
United States
1195 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Check Chancellor Sutler's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Chancellor Sutler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its turned into a big rag full of ads and little else. I used to get it years ago and hadn't seen a copy in years.

I had a copy last fall while in the hospital recovering from a heart attack. My sister brought it to me. I ended up binge watching American Pickers for 3 days...

Chance
Pillar of the Community
United States
1115 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  7:12 pm  Show Profile   Check Andrew99's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Andrew99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I buy the Greysheet as the content is meaningful. Coins doesn't have any decent content and hasn't for years.
The collection is in your mind. Dispose of your albums and free your mind from the tyranny of holes.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1420 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  7:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add terry8835 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They do tend to dwell on the same coins over and over from issue to issue. I was just mentioning a specific subject I read in Coins about big silver coins. Without beginning collectors there won't be anyone to sell coins to in coming years. In fact coin collecting may go out of fashion like stamp collecting has for the most part. I don't think teenagers talk about stamps or coins on their smart phones or on Facebook. I don't really need any magazines because I know what coins I like and the prices. Is there really that much new in coin collecting besides collecting modern error coins or common coins in uncommon condition. You know the LCS I go to gets most of their money from gold and silver sales. I often think the numismatic valuable coins are just on show so they can call themselves a Coin Shop. I have not found one good coin there in the last year.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3268 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2017  7:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fenton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coin price listings in those magazines can be useful you just have to calibrate them to CDN since they are usually just the CDN prices times about 1.5x
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.46 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05