Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Lucky day penny roll hunting.  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  5:38 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add johnwduncan to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Just wanted to share this. I swapped out $20 or so in pennies at a bank near by and wound with 4 1/2 rolls of wheat cents, 1907 Indian Head, several Canadian, something from Bermuda and Panama.

Also, I found a roll of 2009-P Jefferson nickels in average circulated condition. How much might a roll of the nickels go for seeing how some go for $200 per roll?

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***

Valued Member
United States
247 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  5:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Centsei to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow. Somebody turned in a collection, and you got it. You don't find many Indian Heads these days.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3905 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  6:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Oh, by the way – the book I gave you for Christmas has to be returned to the library next week.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
19137 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  6:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At least give us a group shot!
"You can't fool all the people all the time - others would like a chance."

Pillar of the Community
United States
1970 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's what you call: having a good day at the Bank
Your roll of Nickels considering are circulated is worth just the face value.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20448 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  7:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2009 was a lower than average mintage for all coins. Keep the best condition ones and spend the rest.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
321 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  8:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hozer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It was worth the trip to the bank
Pillar of the Community
United States
1371 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2017  06:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RoyCoinBoy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now, how do you get $20 in pennies w/o the tellers looking at you funny? I’ve become known as “change boy” at my local bank because I get 4 rolls every few days / weeks.
"When I'm old and grey, I want to be known amongst the neighborhood kids as that old guy who gives out full size candy bars on Halloween"

“Everything makes sense; we just can’t make sense of the sense it makes.”
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20448 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2017  07:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was known as the penny guy at my local bank.I would get 10-12 boxes of cents at one time.I used to go through 1 box weekly.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
48703 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2017  12:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I swapped out $20 or so in pennies at a bank near by and wound with 4 1/2 rolls of wheat cents, 1907 Indian Head, several Canadian, something from Bermuda and Panama.
Excellent finds!
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2017  5:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnwduncan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am keeping the 2009-P nickel roll. Spent cash on it. The rest was all face value for the wheaties so I consider it breaking even. Seeing the low mintage on the nickels though, the circulated ones mat worth a lot one day.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1121 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2017  7:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add aristarchus123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can we have a photo of your new stash? Well done!
Valued Member
United States
171 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2017  07:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cldague to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hit the bank just in time the other day, the teller gave me ten dollars worth of wheat pennies. I could believe it when I got home. I found out yesterday a older gentleman passed away and his daughter brought the coin in. You never know what your going to get.
Learn More...
United States
48703 Posts
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05