Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Whats your opinion of this $5 Canadian note  

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Canada
139 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2017  9:58 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TheBurnz to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone, I got this note from the pizza guy last night. I know its not a radar, but it kind of caught my eye and interest if its a serial number I should be keeping.

Whats your thoughts, the note is highly creased.

Thanks in advance.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3096 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2017  10:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting but still only worth five dollars.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4570 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2017  10:20 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"When you make the finding yourself - even if you're the last person on Earth to see the light - you'll never forget it."
-Carl Sagan

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
716 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2017  10:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canacoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Someone might it buy as a "birthday note" .
"If you going to err,do it with flair . That way you'll remember and not repeat the mistake"

W.R.Robertson
R.I.P.
Edited by Canacoins
12/05/2017 10:53 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2301 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  01:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its a birthday note. Either November 9, 1991 or January 19, 1991, depending on how you want to read.

It is worth a premium but not as high if it was uncirculated.
Valued Member
Canada
139 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  07:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheBurnz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Never heard of the Birthday note, but I'll look into it. Thanks for pointing out that angle.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
855 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  08:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A birthday note and you could also call this a binary note since it only has 2 different numbers. A true binary would be 1's and 0's. I myself would keep it simply because it is a binary and a birthday note. No premium on it other than being a neat find.
Everyday is a great day. Semper Fi.
ANA Number: 3178122
My Wants List: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3096 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  08:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a Binary note.
A Binary note consists of the digits 1 and 0 only,
not any two digits.
As far as a birthday note, I think it would only have
premium value to someone who's birthday falls on that date.
I have come across several that I just put back into circulation.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
855 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  09:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Greetings Jimmy. There is a difference between a TRUE binary and a binary note. I mentioned both in my post. This is a binary note, but not a TRUE binary which would be 1's and 0's.

PMG defines a binary note under the fancy serial number section as "Binary - In a binary serial number, only two numbers appear. In a true binary serial number, those two numbers are zero and one."

https://www.pmgnotes.com/news/artic...ial-Numbers/

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2225 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  10:36 am  Show Profile   Check kuh_85's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add kuh_85 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
3 digit repeater
Canadian coins I'm looking for: http://goccf.com/t/116066
My wife's eBay store. http://stores.ebay.ca/lcoinholicsanonymous
Valued Member
Canada
246 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  11:34 am  Show Profile   Check Andy888's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Andy888 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
probably worth a very small premium over face value to the right collector.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3096 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  12:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
kuh_85-
That can't be a 3 digit repeater.
To be a repeater, it would have to read 1191191
That note reads 1191991.

scopru-
I realize what your saying but you are going by PMG.
According to the Charlton Catalogue, the Canadian definition of a Binary Note is as follows
"Binary Notes have serial numbers which are comprised of the digits 0 and 1 only, in any order."
Anything else is just a 2 digit number note without any premium.
So I guess it depends on whether you go by the American standard or the Canadian standard.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
855 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  12:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well met Jimmy. Yes you are correct. I needed to switch gears in my brain to the Canadian standards when I looked at this. Thank you for pointing that out.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
1004 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  3:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add torgemco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
if you like it
keep it
its the only one there
is
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5175 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  3:21 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your daughter would get carted off in handcuff for trying to pass counterfeit money buying her lunch down here. Just like the young lady of 8 years old was when using a $2 bill. Neither cashier nor the arresting officers KNEW that $2 bills are indeed circulating currency, it took the desk sergeant to finally straighten thing out. Oh yes, our educational system is the best in the world...riiiiiiight, let me sell you some soon to be oceanfront property in Utah...
FREE! Coin IDing For Dummies Vol. 1, "The Minting process and Doubled Dies", in PDF format!
AND Now NEW!
Coin IDing for Dummies Vol. 2, "Error coins and More!", in PDF Format!
Both are here: http://goccf.com/t/296596

"Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press and a disarmed populace."
James Madison
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3096 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  4:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Crazyb0-
I know I'm getting old and easily bewildered,
but please explain the relationship of your
post with the OP's 5 dollar bill.

Regards-
A confused JimmyD

Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.76 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05