Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1965 ddr Kennedy what do you think it would grade compared to those on PCGS  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
19 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  10:08 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add JD26 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys I was just wondering what y'all think about this Kennedy and if you think it could possibly grab the top grade at PCGS.. I've got some side by side comparisons of mine and PCGS's, mine will ve on the left side. Thanks for any help and info.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
555 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  11:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm still working on my grading skills, but I think it would go MS66 maybe 67. It looks like it's starting to tone, or that could be the lighting Beautiful coin

BTW, in your images I don't see doubling on the reverse. Could you possibly take a pic of the reverse with the coin on a flat surface?
If you don't want to regret your past, don't screw up in the future because the future, inevitably, becomes the past!
Edited by Tootallious
12/06/2017 11:51 am
United States
19 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  1:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JD26 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
lol yeah I tried but my iPhone doesn't have the magnification to show it hardly at all but I'll see what I can do bud and thanks for the input. I was using a 20x loupe when I noticed it. The doubling I could see was on the stars under United States of America and above e pluribus unum.. and then some of the lettering of United States of America, especially the two s's in States are doubled, I think you can see the doubling on both s's in the pic I posted.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
555 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  2:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
BTW, to the CCF family!

Check out the link below. It may help you to identify which DDR you have or if it is even a DDR. The more knowledgable should chime in soon, do listen to their input as they are extremely helpful. I have learned a lot here and still have a lot to learn.

http://www.varietyvista.com/12%20Ke...s%201965.htm
If you don't want to regret your past, don't screw up in the future because the future, inevitably, becomes the past!
Edited by Tootallious
12/06/2017 2:16 pm
United States
19 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  3:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JD26 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Best I could do with this phone, but you can see the doubling on the points of the stars
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
18947 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  3:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I could see 67 here!

to the CCF!
"You can't fool all the people all the time - others would like a chance."

Valued Member
United States
53 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaunty Turtle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful coin!
United States
19 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  12:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JD26 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a couple more pictures from a different angle

United States
19 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  1:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JD26 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, not sure how I ended up posting the 5c
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
555 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  1:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see that you added a 1965 Jefferson nickel. Do you have a question or concern with it? If so, you probably should have started a new thread for in order to get the proper attention on it
Also, were these two coins pulled from a mint set?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
555 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  1:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Sorry, not sure how I ended up posting the 5c

Lol, no problem, it happens
Edited by Tootallious
12/07/2017 1:32 pm
United States
19 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  1:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JD26 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nope, my grandfather had a huge collection of coins that he left me when he passed and he didn't really like most mint sets. He liked to collect high end business strike coins and wheat pennies. He had a few mint sets that he was fond of but not many . He taught me a lot about coins though and I must say, I think my wife hates checking out anywhere with me because I take to long checking change before I hand it over to the cashier lol
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
555 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  7:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think my wife hates checking out anywhere with me because I take to long checking change before I hand it over to the cashier lol

lol! I always check mine before I leave the house, I also have mine trained, every time she comes home from the store she hands me all of her change including the paper currency. That way I know she's not going to hand anything worth while to a cashier because I've already looked at it!
Of course I have to give it back to her if I don't find anything worth keeping.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.59 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05