Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Newbie bought a 5 dollar indian head on eBay - wondering value  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  4:34 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add alohacoin67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Can someone give me an idea of grading for this coin

Pillar of the Community
United States
1957 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  4:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to Community.

Not possible to give it an accurate grading because your pics. are not clear, too much white balance and out of focus, you need a sharp focused pic. to get the closest grading opinion.
Learn More...
United States
48557 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  4:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
Valued Member
United States
133 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  4:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jmgi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks pretty nice to me, its a tough call on grade from photos, but maybe high AU.
Valued Member
Canada
246 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  5:24 pm  Show Profile   Check Andy888's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Andy888 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
better pictures would help determine grade but from what I see, i'd give it an XF.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
18947 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  5:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your flash is somewhat obscuring the high points used to grade this coin. Agree it's probably mid-AU but would like to see better pics.
"You can't fool all the people all the time - others would like a chance."

Pillar of the Community
United States
1041 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  6:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add LibertyEagle20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I’m far from an expert but looks AU details to me. I see a lot of hairline scratches on the reverse and top of the observe which makes me think it is cleaned (hope I’m wrong about that though).
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10491 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  8:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Appears to be about AU-53. BUT that is one of the most counterfeited coins received at both PCGS and NGC. Those counterfeits are very good ones. Although I see nothing about this coin that indicates that it is anything other than authentic, it is still one I'd recommend buying in one of those TPG s.

Since you've already purchased it perhaps you can tell us it's weight in grams?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1257 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  3:19 pm  Show Profile   Check bandsdean's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add bandsdean to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks AU-55 to me.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
18947 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  3:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Any more pics?

to the CCF!
"You can't fool all the people all the time - others would like a chance."

Learn More...
United States
23394 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  6:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Any more pics?

In another thread; I'm going to lock this one and shift discussion over there.
Learn More...
United States
48557 Posts
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.54 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05