Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is This A Legit Quick Flip Attempt?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1096 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  9:37 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
There's a current eBay auction for a 1928 $2 LTN that shows Heritage Auction photos for pictures of the note.

So, I looked the note up on the Heritage site and found that it sold for $228 on Nov 7th.

Do you think someone is trying a legit 1 month flip of this note? or could this be a fake photo in the eBay auction? It seems strange that if someone is trying to flip the note that they either didn't put a reserve on it or start the bidding at a higher number.

Any thoughts?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9196 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  9:47 pm  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
U.S. based seller with 100% positive feedback and several positive sales in the last few months. No worries other than they should take their own pictures.
ANA #R3154474
Pillar of the Community
United States
2639 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  10:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is quite common. I've bought stuff on Heritage before and sold it for quite a bit more on eBay.. all within a month.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1274 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  11:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add techwriter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, depends if you're really interested or need it for your collection; then go for it.
Current GreenSheet Bid is $250.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9995 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  11:41 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Everything appears legit to me. Let's see what the profit (if any) will be.

Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius

"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Pillar of the Community
United States
1096 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2017  07:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Everything appears legit to me. Let's see what the profit (if any) will be.

Yup, this is what got me to wondering about it.

Like everyone is indicating the seller looks to be legit, but they don't have an eBay store. So they'll be paying 10% eBay selling fee, 2.9% paypal fee and shipping. It looks to me like the note has to sell for around $270 for the seller to break even from their Heritage Auction cost. That seems to me like a pretty rich cost for this note. One just sold on Great Collections this past Sunday for $205 + buyers fee + shipping, figure around $235 all-in, a similar price to the Heritage Auction.

I guess we'll see what happens.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40512 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2017  4:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One thing about the Bay, you just never know what will happen.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1096 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2017  3:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
One thing about the Bay, you just never know what will happen.

Ain't that the truth

This seller is also trying to flip a 1957B $1 SC PMG 66 with a nice low serial number. Again, they got it from a Heritage auction on Nov 28th for $94. It'll be interesting to see how this flip goes as well.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1096 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2017  10:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, so the auction for the $2 LTN ended with a winning bid of $203.49 and the $1 SC ended with a winning a bid of $66.33, both are significantly less than what the seller paid for the notes.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9995 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2017  12:05 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just saw that. Not my buy/sell strategy!
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius

"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.76 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05