Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Things That Are Almost Checks

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Learn More...
United States
78463 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2018  10:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The only such vintage financial document in my possession is this receipt detailing the sale (or purchase?) of a small parcel of land in southeastern Kansas by none other than my great great grandfather (Henry Reeve).
Very nice!

Quote:
He unfortunately would die within a year of the date marked on this receipt at the young age of 30.
Not so nice.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4001 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2018  2:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a great piece of family history to have. Very nice addition to the thread Kefiroth
ANA member: 3178122
NTCA member: 10118
Valued Member
United States
397 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2018  9:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Neat! I have a few old family deeds for land tracts. They are no doubt worthless in terms of intrinsic value, but it makes me wonder what sits on the land today.
Valued Member
United States
397 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2019  9:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I came across something unusual today on Ebay. This is not part of my collection, but I'm sharing it here because I'd never seen one before. This is a "Time Check" and it appears to be essentially a paycheck, with lodging deducted. Can anyone add more information?

Learn More...
United States
78463 Posts
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.02 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05