Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New purchases 2 Norfolks, Oregon, and Missouri. Comments and grades please

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1725 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  1:31 pm Show Profile   Check bandsdean's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add bandsdean to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Who likes color? Bought 4 coins from one dealer who said they all came from the same collection. Price I paid shown for reference.There are 2 Norfolks (305.00 each), 1 Oregon (200.00), and 1 New Rochelle (349.00 that will be the topic of another post). Always liked original not dipped early commems especially when they have color. These fit my likes. For the Missouri (210.00) I was looking for a nice AU coin. Has a spot on obv and one on the rev that will probably come off with a bit of acetone. Dealer did not get the original holders for the coins. I bought Norfolk #1 and he said he had another from the same collection. When I saw the tab toning on Norfolk #2 I had to pull the trigger. Except for the Missouri, these are the dealer's pics. Hope to have them in hand by next week. Feel free to grade and comment! Thanks. Off to PCGS shortly!

1st Norfolk

1937-D Oregon

2nd Norfolk

Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  1:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 120grain to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Vey nice coins Dean.
Learn More...
United States
61457 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2386 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  3:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love those Norfolks! Absolutely beautiful.

Everyday is a great day. Semper Fi.
ANA number: 3178122
NTCA number:10118
My Wants List: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28874 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  3:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As shown: 64, 66, 65, 66. Nice lot for sure.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15719 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  3:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love the Oregon and the second Norfolk and the price you paid.

If you look at a lot of Missouri you see that the majority of them graded 58-67 show a Halo around the obverse portrait into those surroundings fields. Yours doesn't have that and with those spots I'm afraid that one might get a details cleaned. I hope I'm wrong. The price you paid, however, was dirt cheap.

Nice group. You got better than your money's worth on 3 of 4.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1725 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2018  3:56 pm  Show Profile   Check bandsdean's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add bandsdean to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for all the comments. All will be sent to PCGS shortly. This is the New Rochelle I mentioned earlier. Think and hope it is a Specimen Finish.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6420 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2018  7:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All lovely ... authentic from what I can see from here.

Let us know the grades whenever your TPG decided.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28874 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2018  5:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good luck on the submission!
Learn More...
United States
61457 Posts
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.51 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05