Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Does Anyone Here Use A Postal Scale To Ship Items, Any Recommendations?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,862Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
553 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2018  5:57 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add casualcoincollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

Does anyone here use a postal scale to ship their eBay items? I am looking into buying one and I was wondering if anyone here has any good recommendations for one that is accurate for relatively small and light weight packages but also won't break the bank price wise.

Please let me know your thoughts on the matter and please let me know if you have any questions for me. Thanks.
Rest in Peace
10197 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2018  6:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
https://www.google.com/search?sourc....q--Ux3IHx8g

Ya know...

BTW, that cheap one works great for coins!
Edited by Crazyb0
03/24/2018 6:17 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
408 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2018  6:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tampabaygrampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I went to Walmart and bought a kitchen scale that is accurate to 11 pounds. Works well for what I ship and was around $10-$12 if I remember correctly. Very accurate in the weighing of 1-2-3 ounce items as well. Probably 8" in diameter and easy to use. Comes with a lithium battery.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2417 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2018  1:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does anyone have a good recommendation on an inexpensive one that measures the weights of coins to the nearest .01 gram?

I'm looking to replace my postal scale that dropped on the ground and broke last month ironically en route to traveling with me to weigh rolls as I got them from banks...
CRH Nickeloholic. 1,300,000 nickels searched in five years! Already have found THREE complete Jefferson sets!
Valued Member
United States
128 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2018  02:39 am  Show Profile   Check Johnathan55's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Johnathan55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For shipping small packages I bought this American Weigh scale off of Amazon, needs no calibration and has worked very well.

For weighing the actual coin itself I use this Smart Weigh gram scale. It's not 100% accurate and I haven't find one yet that is unfortunately, but it's close enough for my needs. Be sure to get a calibration weight too, it takes a 100 gram weight.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2417 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2018  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Johnathan55!

The second scale is exactly what I had in mind. As long as it is close to accurate, that's all I care.

As for a 100 gram weight, I just use half a roll of new nickels.
CRH Nickeloholic. 1,300,000 nickels searched in five years! Already have found THREE complete Jefferson sets!
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,862Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: