Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I've Been A Bit Scarce Here Lately.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
3707 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2018  9:21 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Joe2007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm still lurking but I have been posting less and have been more selective in my coin/currency purchases. I've been devoting more attention to my other antiques and collectables pursuits. I'll be around on the forum occasionally and I'm sure I'll return at full passion for numismatics at some point but I'm currently taking a break to reevaluate and recharge.

Anybody else do this?

Regards,
Joe2007
Bedrock of the Community
United States
29456 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2018  04:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think we all have taken a break from the hobby at one time or another.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Canada
558 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2018  08:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheBurnz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's normal. At first we are learning and have a broad range of interests. Once we conquer or satisfy our interest with entry level acquisitions. We end up only seriously pursuing thing that are in better condition, thus harder to find and more costly. Thus the passion becomes the hunt and passing on our knowledge.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17373 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2018  08:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are few, if any, collectors who only collect one genre. It's true for almost everyone that other collections might capture our hearts.

I only buy 30-40 coins per year, and I consider that very involved since most of the coins I'm after are at least a few hundred dollars or more.

If you think about, post about, or read about coins you are still an "avid" coin collector
Pillar of the Community
United States
3479 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2018  8:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I took a twenty year break from coin collecting but it was always still with me. Noticing and saving a Wheat penny from pocket change for example. It's been on and off for another decade or so. Then a couple years ago, a friend showed me a beautiful carson city morgan and that reignited the passion. I saved all the coins I collected as a kid and started tearing through them. Then I found CCF and I was 100% in again. This time around I make more money and can purchase the coins I only dreamed of as a kid.

Wish you the best during your break! I plan on being here upon your return and we will leave the light on for ya.
Hi, my name is MikeF and I'm a degenerate coin collector. I also like adventure, big trucks, long walks on the beach and the Kansas City Chiefs.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3707 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2018  7:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joe2007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Folks,

Had some health issues in the past few weeks which have curtailed my participation on the forums. I'm currently in recovery and will be back to sporadic participation soon.

Joe2007
Bedrock of the Community
United States
29456 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2018  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Post when you feel up to it.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
77227 Posts
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.77 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05