Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

The end of a community

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Learn More...
Canada
8097 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2018  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We would gladly welcome the Canadian paper money community and expertise here. If there is enough traffic we could consider creating a separate sub-forum... for now, the paper posts are in this forum.
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Valued Member
Canada
448 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2018  5:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chadcoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great idea SSP, walk2dwater I sent a response via email
Valued Member
Canada
103 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2018  3:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add friedsquid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Chadcoins

chadcoins Posted - 04/25/2018 : 1:27 pm
Quote:
Since the site is shut down does anyone here have a contact for friedsquid. I would like to contact him
*** Edited by Staff to add Quote tags. Please use them in the future. ***

I just joined this forum
please feel free to email me
FRIEDSQUID
Valued Member
Canada
225 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2018  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From the defunct Canadian Paper Money Forum (or former CPMF) I really miss the Serial Number Data Base (former SNDB) in which I contributed over 50,000 entries (over $1,000,000 FV) because I found a $20 note with the "FVY" prefix today.

Pretty darn sure that the "FVY" prefix is a scarce prefix (only about 10-22 entered I believe).
Valued Member
Canada
402 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2018  12:37 pm  Show Profile   Check Coinsplus's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Coinsplus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was one of the Moderators on the Canadian Paper Money Forum (CPMF) for nearly 18 years. Just like everyone, I was surprised to see the entire site discontinued. There was a load information categorized into organized sections which I found to be very helpful. Anyways, it was sad to see it entirely shut down.
Learn More...
Canada
8097 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2018  10:04 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
friedsquid and others from the Canadian Paper Money Forum...

We look forward to seeing your posts and seeing you share your expertise.
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Canada
1 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2018  3:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rotator to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was also surprized by the vanishing of the CPMF site. Paul Wallis started with some great ideas and eventually needed some help which he got from likeminded collectors. Friedsquid and others {great to see their old ID's here } contributed to make an invaluable resource. What would it take to bring it back in some form {miss the database for sure}?
Learn More...
United States
62543 Posts
Valued Member
Canada
490 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2018  10:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheBurnz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If your willing to bring it back and pay for the upkeep, I'm sure if you contact the previous owner, they would be willing to hand over the shop. Although that data base is probably worth some bucks to some people.
Valued Member
Canada
103 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2018  12:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add friedsquid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
We would gladly welcome the Canadian paper money community and expertise here. If there is enough traffic we could consider creating a separate sub-forum... for now, the paper posts are in this forum.

I sure hope this happens in the future...I know many banknote collectors are looking for a place to share their knowlege, finds, and update others as to new things happening in the hobby.
There are very few places that seasoned collectors and new ones can find valuable information.
Sharing informatin is what a forum is about and the more informed collectors are the better decisions they can make.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4123 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2018  12:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For those who knows the owner of the Canadian Paper Money Forum, maybe he is willing to merge it onto the CCM, probably easier said, but an idea any way
Learn More...
Canada
8097 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2018  2:40 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with you friedsquid.

But the Field of Dreams model (build it and they will come) just is not an efficient means to do things here. The main impetus for creating a separate Canadian paper money forum here would be post volume. Once we start seeing a number of paper-money related posts, and a good indication of participation, then it is easy for Bobby to create a sub-forum....

My eBay store
Learn More...
United States
62543 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2018  3:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Once we start seeing a number of paper-money related posts, and a good indication of participation, then it is easy for Bobby to create a sub-forum....
Yup. We have done this many, many times.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
5748 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2018  10:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ Rotator
To the Forum.
Learn More...
Canada
8097 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2018  3:13 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
...and voila!

http://goccf.com/f/166

My eBay store
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05