Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Help need for a 2000P 50 cents

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
27 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2018  10:16 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Audetnelson1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I am looking for a 2000p 50 cents and need some help for find that rarity. If anyone can help me please send a e-mail private msg thanks
Learn More...
Canada
8045 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2018  12:01 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Only 275 or so are known to exist... this is one of those coins that only come up for sale in auctions... Expect to pay north of $6000 for one.

http://www.icollector.com/50-Cents-...ade_i9892678

http://www.icollector.com/2000P-50-...ula_i6681589

I have not seen one come up for auction since 2013...

"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
7219 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2018  2:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This coin was part of a clock issued for presentation.
Charlton's classifies it as NCLT.

"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Valued Member
Canada
136 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2018  3:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add The Awesome Guys Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
7219 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2018  02:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are NCLT and circulating coins diferentiated only by strike quality?
There are more circulation strike Canadian NCLT coins than I could care to count.
Do they belong in this subsection of the forum?

"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Edited by DBM
05/21/2018 02:17 am
Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
284 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2018  6:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KHatt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think the key difference is whether a coin was intended to be used as money or struck specifically for the collector market.

Valued Member
Canada
379 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2018  5:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add unruhjonny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
/That is correct.

Non
Circulation
Legal
Tender

In that coins case, it would have been a circulation type strike, but not intended to be circulated.
My "want" list is HERE
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05