Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Shipping Rolls of Coins to Canadian and US addresses  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Canada
38 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2018  6:41 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ahaba to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I hope this forum is the correct one to ask a shipping question. I have several rolls of George VI pennies and nickels which I would like to sell individually. The Canada Post shipping cost for one roll of coins is $10.92 (I signed up for a Canada Post account and that rate is for Expedited Parcel). I can ship 12 rolls of coins for about $3 more. Yet on eBay I see sellers quoting $3 shipping for a roll of pennies. Are they getting a better rate because they ship a lot of packages? TIA!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
7080 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2018  7:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some take a loss, others flat ship in an envelope (unroll the coins), yet others just throw em in an envelope attach a stamp and hope for the best.
Most rolls of George vi cents and nickels aren't worth $10.92 shipping.

"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Edited by DBM
05/28/2018 7:42 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1652 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2018  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
YES, if you sell them by the roll , they won't go letter post, then you have to ship by package, and the rates go much higher.. if you send a roll flat, it is about 2.95$, as soon as you sell the roll as a roll, it is almost 10$, and more if you are shipping to the east or west coast..
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2415 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2018  8:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anything over 20mm thick must be sent by parcel. But anything under 20mm thick could be sent as oversized letter mail in a bubble envelope.

Since a penny is 19mm in width, I think sellers are shipping by oversized letter mail which is about $3.

For this reason, I don't see any quarter rolls shipped for $3 or $4 since a quarter is 24mm wide.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1381 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2018  11:07 pm  Show Profile   Check TheCoinHunter's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TheCoinHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MoneyPenney's is explanation is bang on. Even with penny rolls you have to get innovative and at times keep your local post office on good terms. 19mm doesn't leave much room for safe packaging
Canada
38 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2018  5:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ahaba to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for all the info! I am going to try to sell all the rolls of coins in one lot. That will solve all my shipping concerns.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.46 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05