Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2018 $2 Commemorative Remembrance Coin ?

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
59 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2018  5:16 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add tnt to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Any word on whether or not there will be a $2 Commemorative Remembrance coin later this year? I thought I read several months ago on this forum that there may not be any commemorative circulation coins issued this year because of changes in management at the RCM. It would be a shame if they didn't issue one to close out this World War I series of $2 commemoratives.
Valued Member
Canada
193 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2018  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I recall reading that also but it was in the context of missing the Olympic "Lucky Loonie" and may have been conjecture. There may have been other reasons to miss the Lucky Loonie including licensing fees but I would like to know if circulating commemorative coins are off the table now. That would be a shame as the NCLT (as discussed on many other threads) are quite expensive.
Valued Member
Germany
386 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2018  08:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, the management will again change soon. Let's hope that the new leadership will come to its senses and issue at least a circulation commemorative regarding the end of WWI.
It would be a shame if the ''war series'' that began in 2014 would end with the 2017 Toonie. 2018 is the centenary of Armistice and that is a worthy subject for a circulation commemorative.
It's still enough time to come up with a coin till November.

By the way, I just checked canada.gazette and still no announcements for commemorative Loonies or Toonies thus far.
Edited by redlock
06/01/2018 08:03 am
Valued Member
Canada
137 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2018  1:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Was at the winnipeg mint last night and there was commemorative coin shaped like a ww1 helmet (prototype coin) on display. I believe they said that would be released in November. The Obverse was inside the helmet and was QEII. I suggested they should use George V, so if it changes I had input LOL.
Valued Member
Canada
114 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2018  7:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cdncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am very sure they will have something this year.
Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
441 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2018  9:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tee- that is good info. Thanks. Hope you are right, and can't wait 'til November.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2485 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2018  12:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are several NCLT WWI commemorate coins out already this year. Practically every month has a new coin commemorating WWI. Like this one.

But the OP is asking if there are any Circulation
Commemorate coins this year. Hard to say because this year there have no coin exchange for new circulation coins.
And the one shaped like a helmet will not be a circulation coin but yet another NCLT coin.
Valued Member
Canada
136 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2018  2:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add The Awesome Guys Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think we will have commemoratives in CIRCULATION this year. Bum the new mintmaster and the government.
Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
441 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2018  01:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
And the one shaped like a helmet will not be a circulation coin

Too many vending machines to change.. Would be cool though. Ah, just dreamin'. We saw them lose the Luckey loonie this year, just another causality perhaps? Time will tell, but I'm not holding my breath.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2839 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2018  11:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wildflowerAB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes indeed, there will be a 2018 $2 Armistice Coin, or even two if we are to count one coloured, one not. I notice on the NCLT forum RCM will soon be selling rolls, so I'd expect it's about to be released into circulation as well. Hopefully RCM will continue to offer the 5-pack at f/v again.

Issuance of two $2 Commemorative circulation coins with design honouring the 100th Anniversary of Armistice (End of the First World War): SOR/2018-127
http://gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p2/2018/...127-eng.html
Edited by wildflowerAB
09/19/2018 11:50 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
516 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2018  5:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alex A to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good news! Thanks for sharing!
Valued Member
Germany
386 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2018  01:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking forward to these two Toonies
Edited by redlock
09/22/2018 01:57 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
4591 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2018  1:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another toonie to keep my set current...good to know! Aren't y'all burned out on circulating commemoratives yet? The US is saturated with them with no end in site.
*Complete Canada 50 cent set 1953-present
*Complete Canada Toonie ($2) set 1996-present
*And just a mix of everything else!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
516 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2018  1:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alex A to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Given that we are into October, when will the toonies be released?
Valued Member
Germany
386 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2018  02:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Armistice was on 11-Nov-1918. Hence I think the Toonies will be released late October or, more likely, early November.
Valued Member
Canada
137 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2018  11:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
October 15, 2018 is the announcement day
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05